Oldenzaal is in Overijssel.
Oldenzaal is a city in the east of Overijssel, separated from the German Western Plains and Münsterland regions by the Dutch municipality of Losser. Oldenzaal, after having received city rights in 1249, has been a part of the Hanseatic League as a subsidiary city of Deventer.
By public transitEdit
Oldenzaal is connected to the Zutphen-Glanerbeek line, on which Syntus services trains using the name Twents. Nowadays 1 Oldenzaal Railway Station functions as the terminus station in the eastern direction. Trains to Zutphen leave every 30 minutes at x:02 and x:32. No trains leave the station between 00:32 and 07:32. Even though Oldenzaal functions as the terminus, the line still connects to Bad Bentheim on the German side of the border. This part of the line, however, is only used for freight.
Oldenzaal is located just north of the A1 motorway, which runs from Amsterdam all the way to Germany, where it continues as the Autobahn 30 towards Osnabrück. Oldenzaal is the last major Dutch city on the highway, meaning that when travelling from Amsterdam, Hilversum, Amersfoort, Apeldoorn, Deventer, Almelo and Hengelo directions are as straightforward as can be. All that you need is to head for the city east of the one you're in via the A1 and staying on the highway for quite some time.
It's best to explore Oldenzaal's city centre on foot. The rest of the city can be explored by bike, car or bus, whichever has your preference.
- 1 Hotel de Kroon, Steenstraat 17, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. €69.
- 2 Hotel Ter Stege, Marktstraat 1, ☏ . €87.
- 3 Hotel Erve Hulsbeek, Oude Almeloseweg 13, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. €124.
- 4 Landgoed de Wilmersberg, Rhododendronlaan 7, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. €110.
- 5 Hotel 't Kruisselt, Kruisseltlaan 3, De Lutte, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. €112.
- 6 Fletcher Hotel de Grote Zwaan, Bentheimerstraat 21, De Lutte, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. €16.15.