- For other places with the same name, see Olds (disambiguation).
Olds is a town on the Calgary–Edmonton Corridor, 1 hour north of Calgary and 40 minutes south of Red Deer. The Olds Uptowne & East Village are undergoing historical renovations to revert the buildings back to their original 1900s appearances. Olds College is a living laboratory for agriculture and animal husbandry. It houses botanical gardens featuring unique prairie and parkland flora. The town also has a cutting edge business & technology centre (1 of only 2 in western Canada), a performing arts theatre, and massive health & wellness facility.
- 1 Olds-Didsbury Airport (located 4.3 nautical miles (8.0 km; 4.9 mi) south of Olds). Small airport for private aircraft, operated by Mountain View County.
Olds is located along Highway 2, 90 km (56 mi) north of Calgary and 61 km (38 mi) south of Red Deer, take Highway 27 west (exit 340).
Taxi and limousine services are available in Olds.
- 1 Olds College, 4500 50 St, ☏ , toll-free: . Specializing in agriculture, horticulture, land and environmental stewardship; located on the east side of Olds.
- Olds College Alumni Museum (lower level of the Learning Resource Centre), ☏ . Sept-May: W-Th 10AM-5PM, F 10AM-3PM. Maintains a collection of archives and artifacts showcasing Olds College’s achievements.
- Olds College Botanic Gardens & Constructed Wetlands, ☏ , ✉ OCBotanicGardens@oldscollege.ca. Open to the public free of charge from dawn til dusk during the gardening season (April to October), the gardens are designed to meet the instructional needs of courses and programs on campus, and are used as the location and subject matter for research projects.
- 2 Mountain View Museum, 5038 50 St, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Tu-Sa noon-4PM, W-F 11AM-5PM.
- 1 Centennial Park, 5037 53 St. Small park centrally located in Uptowne Olds features a Skate Board Park and Splash Park. Home to Olds Fashioned Christmas Events and the Light Up Parade, as well as many events hosted by various organizations.
- 2 Olds Golf Club (3 km east of Olds on Hwy 27), ☏ . 18 hole, par 3
- 3 Trail Creek Golf Course (11 km west of Olds on Hwy 27, 1 km north on Rge Rd 31), ☏ . 9 hole, par 4.
- 1 Uptowne Olds. Small downtown area with independent shops, centred along 50 Ave between 46 St (Hwy 27) & 54 St.
- 2 Cornerstone, 6700 46 St (Hwy 27 & 68 Ave). Big box shopping on the west end of Olds.
- 3 Eagle Creek Farms, 34530 Range Road 14 (From Bowden - 5 km west on Hwy 587, 2.4 km north Rge Rd 14), ☏ , toll-free: . U-pick Saskatoon berry farm.
- 1 Best Western, 4520 46 St, ☏ , toll-free: . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. Offers amenities including Boston Pizza, an indoor pool, free wifi and free parking. From $106.
- 2 Circle 5 Motel, #17 4513 52 Ave, ☏ . Budget motel offering simple rooms with cooking facilities, free WiFi & parking. From $78.
- 3 Pomeroy Inn & Suites, 4601 46 Ave (corner of Highways 27 and 2A near Olds College), ☏ . Offers amenities including an indoor pool with waterslide, complimentary breakfast and free wifi. From $120.
- 4 Ramada, #500 6700 46 St, ☏ , toll-free: . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. Located in the hub of Cornerstone the Ramada as many amenities including breakfast, a pool and waterslide, and free wifi. From $159.
- 5 Siesta Motel, 5218 46 St, ☏ . Clean, simple motel. Free WiFi is and parking. Every room has a flat-screen TV. Some rooms feature a sitting area. You will find a coffee machine in the room. The rooms have a private bathroom. From $79.
Continue west to Sundre to explore the foothills and eastern slopes of the Rocky Mountains.
|Routes through Olds|
|Edmonton ← Innisfail ←||N S||→ Didsbury-Carstairs → Calgary|
|Red Deer ← Innisfail ←||N S||→ Airdrie → END|
|END ← Sundre ←||W E||→ Three Hills → Drumheller|