You can fly to Qassim International Airport (ELQ) (officially named Prince Nayef bin Abdulaziz Regional Airport) that is around 40 minutes away from the city.
There is a highway that connects Riyadh to Qassim. The highway continues to the west, connecting Qassim to Madina. The trip from Riyadh to Qassim takes around 3 hours.
- Green Squares: On the outskirts of the city, there are areas where the locals hangout on the weekends and holiday times. Ask for "Almostahat alkhadraa or Montazahat Alhajeb" for Green Squares in Arabic. There are food stands there.
- Sand Duning: If you have a pickup truck or a crossover, you can go to the sand dunes around the city and enjoy the dunes. Ask for "Montazahat Alghada" or Alghada parks. The area is called Alghada.
- Clock Square: or in Arabic Meydan Alsaah, is a landmark of the city that is very famous. It is the center of the city.
As alcohol is banned in the country, people manage to enjoy other kinds of drinks.
- Sami Juices: or in Arabic "Aseerat Sami" is of the most famous juice shops in the city. They have more than one branch. The easist to find is infront of Alwaha Hotel on King Abdulaziz Street (the street that links Buraidah with Onaizah and Almithnab) Their juices are reasonably priced and offer many varieties.
- Coffee Time: Located near the Clock Square, next to Panda Supermarket. Offers seating area and daily newspapers.
- Starbucks Like anywhere in the world, there is another Starbucks! Located in Onaizah Mall in the downtown area.