Oran's beautiful sea shore, constructed under French rule, was inspired by Nice's seafront. It consists of a long boulevard lined with cafés, restaurants, and ice cream shops. The boulevard also offers a splendid view of the sea, the harbour, Santa Cruz and the cliffs ("les Falaises"). It has been renamed "Boulevard de l'ALN" by the government after the independence but it is still called Front de Mer by the locals.
- 1 Ahmed Ben Bella Airport (ORN IATA Es Sénia Airport). While not as large as Algiers' airport, it is still serviced by several international airlines.
- Air Algérie (Adrar, Algiers, Alicante, Annaba, Bechar, Brussels—Seasonal--, Casablanca, Constantine, Geneva, Hassi Messaoud, In Amenas, Jeddah, Lyon, Marseille, Paris-Orly, Ouargla, Toulouse)
- Tassili Airlines (Algiers, Hassi R'mel)
- Tunisair (Tunis)
- Vueling (Barcelona)
Oran is at the western terminus of the Algerian rail network, operated by SNTF. A line continues toward Morocco but it has been closed for decades due to political conflict. Trains from the capital Algiers are plentiful however with several services daily. Other cities along the Mediterranean coast and in Northwest Algeria have trains to Oran. Additional routes include an overnight train from Bechar, deep into the Sahara and about halfway from Mauritania.
All long-distance trains terminate at 2 Gare Centrale d'Oran on Rue Mankour Mahi Michel.
One can also reach Oran by ferries from the ports of Marseilles, Sète, Alicante and Almería, via the national company Algérie Ferries.
11 Which will take you from the east to west of the city. From Hai El Sabah to Place 1er Novembre 51 From USTO UNIVERSITY to M'Dina Jdida U From Senia UNIVERSITY to M'Dina Jdida P1 From City center (Lycée lotfi) to Canastel ( ORAN EAST )
- historic city centre
- district of Sidi El Houari
- municipal gardens
- Djebel Murdjadjo and Santa Cruz Fortress
- 1 Cathédrale du Sacré-Cœur d'Oran. Housing the public library since 1996, this former cathedral is still a major landmark of the city.
- 2 Hassan Basha Mosque (مسجد حسن الباشا, Masjid Hassan El-bacha). A very ornate mosque, built in 1797. It is however in a rather dilapidated state.
Le Marché de Medina Jedida with art products
- Wifi Resto Club, 14 Boulevard Docteur Ban Zerdjeb, ☏ . Sa-Th 11AM-10PM, closed Fridays. Pizzeria and other fast food, offers free WiFi.
- Les Ambassadeurs, 1 Boulevard de la Soummam, ☏ . Serves Mediterranean cuisine, located at the Royal Hotel.
- [dead link] Le Corsaire, 9 Place de la République, ☏ . Located in the old town.
Oran's nightlife is among the most thriving in the continent. The city has always been the capital of Algeria's parties and music. All night long, plenty of nightclubs, bars and cabarets are opened and offer music, dance and partying in the city area seafront, called La Corncihe which runs from the city's Front de Mer to the neighbouring cities of Aïn El Turk, Bou Sfer and El Ançor. All kinds of nightclubs can be found, from the very posh Atmosphère at the Sheraton Hotel that attracts now international DJs such as David Vendetta to more popular ones in the Corniche. Les Pins d'Or, SunHouse and Le Murdjadjo among others.
- 1 Le Raja Hotel, 12 rue Arago Place des victoires, ☏ .
- Sarl Hotel El-mansour, 7 Rue Ozanam (Near le Cathedrale), ☏ . The best among budget hotels in the town. Friendly staff, clean, shared bathroom, hot shower, air conditioning. 600 dinar.
- Hotel Residence Le Timgad, 22 Bd Emir Abdelkader, ☏ . A 4-star hotel in the centre of the town, free wifi, breakfast, nice and big room with western standard facility. the only small problem is the staff speak little English but very friendly, very good in French and Arabic. 4600dinar.
- 2 Hotel Colombe, 6 Boulevard Zabour Larbi (Southeast of the train station, near the cathedral as well as the Palace of Cultures), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 3 Le Meridien Oran Hotel & Convention Center, Les Genets, Chemin de Wilaya, Route 75, ☏ . Situated on a high cliff with a stunning view over the Mediterranean Sea and the city centre of Oran. The hotel will form part of a larger complex including an adjacent conference and exhibition centre, and an oceanfront promenade.
- 4 Royal Hotel Oran, 1 Boulevard de la Soummam, ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. Luxorius hotel located in central Oran, not far from the docks. Often rated as great value for money.
- 5 Sheraton Oran Hotel & Towers, Route Des Falaises Ave, ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. One of the fanciest hotels in Oran with breathtaking views of the ocean from each room. The hotel also features a complimentary airport shuttle, restaurants and a tennis court Prices start at DA14,250.