Orsa is only served by Inlandsbanan, which offers daily services from Mora during the summer months as well as limited services during winter holidays. Nearest city with regular all-year traffic is Mora which has several daily direct connections from Stockholm with SJ as well as regional passenger traffic from Borlänge and other cities in Dalarna.
Up to four bikes can be brought onto regional trains, but are not allowed of SJ intercity trains. Notice that space for bikes can not be reserved, so during high season it might be a hit-and-miss, depending on how full the train is, if you may be allowed onboard with a bike.
- 1 Orsa railway station (Orsa järnvägsstation), Järnvägsgatan 6.
On SJ you can search combined train and Dalatrafik bus.
In Orsa proper there are only a few bike paths. Nevertheless, Orsa and its surroundings can be easily explored by bicycle. One popular bike route is the 45 km (28 mi) circuit around Orsasjö, but other destinations in Orsa are also easy to reach by bike. If you bike south towards Mora, it might be better to choose the bike path Lisselhedsvägen and not the busy E45. Local bike trips can be planned by using Siljansleden.
Dalatrafik buses can carry up to two bicycles (on a bicycle mount at the back of the buses)
- 1 Orsa Predator Park (Orsa rovdjurspark). More of a safari park than a zoo, this place features the Big Four (brown bear, wolf, lynx and wolverine), and exotic animals such as Siberian tigers, Kodiak bears, and snow leopards.
- 2 Orsa Grindstone Museum (Orsa Slipstensmuseum), Gruvbacksvägen 2, 794 91 Orsa, firstname.lastname@example.org. Museum decicated the history of grinding stones made of the local Orsa sandstone, a red Silurian sedimentary rock with few fossile remnants that qualifies for the making of excellent sharpening stones and millstones.
- 1 [dead link] Röda Kvarn (Cinema), Järnvägsgatan 33, ☏ . Screenings usually take place on Thursdays and Sundays; At weekends sometimes children's performances are also organized. The cinema is run on a volunteer basis by a small association. The conversion to digital technology but still current movies, sometimes even in 3D offered. English films are not dubbed, but have Swedish subtitles.
- 2 [dead link] Orsa Grönklitt, ☏ . A wildlife park renowned for its bears.
- Orsayran. Street music festival every wednesday during July and the first wednesday of August. Live music in and around the railway station.
There are various ways to eat in Orsa. The opening times vary widely between peak season and low season.
- 1 [dead link] Strandrestaurangen Orsa, Timmervägen 1, ☏ . With a scenic view of Orsasjön you can eat in the beach restaurant Orsa.
- 2 [dead link] McGregors Sportsbar, Bowlingvägen 1, ☏ . Simple dishes are also offered in the restaurant next to the bowling alley.
- 3 Orsa Kaffestuga, Kaplansgatan 13, ☏ . As a café in a cozy atmosphere.
Nightlife is virtually non-existent in Orsa. Some restaurants are open in the evening.
- 1 Orsa Järnvägshotell, Järnvägsgatan 4, ☏ . Historic railway hotel, first opened in 1894.
- 2 Hotell Kungshaga, Lindängsvägen 11, ☏ , email@example.com.
- 3 Hotell Strandvillan, Älvgatan 6, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 4 STF Jugendherberge Orsa Vandrarhem, Gillevägen 3, ☏ , email@example.com. A hostel
|Routes through Orsa|
|Gällivare ← Härjedalen ←||N S||→ Mora → Karlstad|