South Osaka is the outer south district of Osaka.
- 1 Sumiyoshi Shrine (住吉大社) (access is from the Nankai line station of the same name; local trains run from Namba station in central Osaka). One of Japan's oldest Shinto shrines, with a history stretching back 1800 years. Its traditional architecture is unusual among Japan's shrines, and its park-like surroundings with the sacred bridge arching over a tranquil pond make it a restful break from the busy environment of Osaka. Free.
- [formerly dead link] Bonsai Guest House, 1-4-13 Momodani Ikuno-ku (1 minute walk from Momodani Station on the Osaka Loop), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. A guesthouse. Dormitory ¥2500, private rooms ¥2800 per person.
- For Leaves Inn Nagai (フォーリーブスイン長居), 2-6-21 Nishitanabe-cho Abeno-ku (1 minute walk from Tsurugaoka Station on JR Hanwa Line), ☏ . ¥3500 single.
- Hiro's Guesthouse, 4-9-7 Momodani Ikuno-ku (10-15 minutes walk from Tsuruhashi station), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00. Hiro's Guesthouse is in the heart of Koreatown in Osaka. It is a little far from the station, but in a nice, social neighbourhood. The open first floor of the guesthouse is very social and great to hang out and make friends at. Hiro and the others go out of their way to help and ensure you have a good time - this is more than just a place to sleep at. Dormitory ¥2500, private rooms ¥3500 per person, free wifi and computer use.
- [dead link] Osaka Municipal Nagai Youth Hostel (大阪市立長居ユースホステル), 1-1 Nagaikoen Higashisumiyosi-ku (5 minutes walk from Tsurugaoka Station on JR Hanwa Line), ☏ . ¥3000 per person per night, ¥1000 dinner, ¥500 breakfast.
- Nagai Park Hotel (長居パークホテル), 2-13-13 Nagai Sumiyoshi-ku (2 minutes walk from Nagai Station on JR Hanwa Line), ☏ . Single room: ¥6500 per person per night including breakfast. Twin room: ¥6500 per person per night including breakfast.