Päijänne Tavastia (Päijät-Häme) is a region in Southern Finland.
The region doesn't have any passenger airports, but there are good connections from the Helsinki region by bus; some places like Lahti and Kärkölä are connected by train too.
Trains of national operator VR are possible to use for travelling inside province.
Matkahuolto has a dense bus network covering most of the province.
Onnibus offers discount bus service by few routes.
- The radio hill and its long wave masts in Lahti.
- The medieval greystone church of Hollola.
- The ski jumping hills in Lahti, and if you're visiting in the winter there might be a ski jumping event going on there.
- Vääksy canal in Asikkala.
- Birds at Heinola Bird Park
- Enjoy a classical music concert in Lahti's Sibelius hall.
- Hit the slopes at Messilä ski center in Hollola.
- Go shopping at one of Lahti's many factory outlets.
- Hike along the Pulkkilanharju trail in Asikkala.
- Drive, bike or walk along the road from Sysmä to Asikkala across several islands of Lake Päijänne.
- Nastolan rautalankafestarit: 2–3 July 2016. A rock'n'roll festival celebrating its 20th installment. Arranged by nonprofit Nastola Art Association (date needs updating)