Pacific Harbour is the adventure capital of Fiji. It is the place to head to when you get bored of lying under the tropical sun and palm trees sipping coconut water and instead need an adrenaline rush. The residents of Suva often go to Pacific Harbour as a weekend getaway.
Pacific Harbour is an hour's drive west from Suva's city centre along Queens Road. A similar journey from Sigatoka and Nadi takes about 80 minutes and 2.5 hours respectively. Regular bus services are available in both directions from Suva in the southeast and as far as northwest as Lautoka in the other direction.
It is easy hiring a car to explore the town and surrounds. The locals also get around by using the public bus.
- 1 Jetski Safari Fiji, Queens Rd, ☏ , , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. No previous jet skiing experienced is required.
- Zip Line Pacific Harbour, ☏ , . Glide over and get jaw-dropping views of the forest floor and river canyons.
- Jungle Skirmish, Deuba, ☏ , , ✉ email@example.com. Play 12 games of laser tag for up to 2 hours in the jungle and beach.
- 2 The Pearl Championship Golf Course and Country Club, Vanua Levu Dr, ☏ . One of the relatively slower-paced activities you can do to keep busy at Pacific Harbour. Note that the course can get quite muddy during the wet season.
- 3 Beqa Adventure Divers, Fairway Pl, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Among the best shark divers in the world. Get up close to many species of sharks, fish and coral. The shark reef has been officially designated a marine park. Conservation projects are in place to preserve the bull shark population.
- The Waters Edge Restaurant (located in the Arts Village), ☏ . Pizzas, burgers and Asian options. If you go at the right time, you hear the sounds of acoustic guitarists playing songs from the movie Castaway in the background.
- 1 Baka Blues, 1342 Hibiscus Dr, ☏ . Tu-Su 11AM-10PM. Southern blues soul food and BBQ in the South Pacific.
- 2 Kevis Fish on Chips, Lot 1 Waidradra Highway, ☏ . Simple, freshly made fish and chips cooked and served underneath a traditional bure (Fijian wood and straw hut) roof.
- Sakura House, Deuba, ☏ . Japanese specialising in teriyaki, sashimi and tempura. Mains are between $25-$40.
- 1 The Pearl Resort, Queens Rd, ☏ . Beautiful water views are abound at the hotel as it is next to both the ocean and river. Has a waterside spa, swimming pool, its own golf course and a pool bar.
- 2 Uprising Beach Resort, Beach Road, Natuatuathoko, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. You have the option of staying in a standard room or in a villa made with traditional thatched roofs, which are much more beautiful.