Pennsville is in Salem County, in the Delaware River Region of New Jersey.
By car. You are not far from Route 95 nor from the Delaware Memorial Bridge.
- The ships go up and down the Delaware River.
- Church Landing Road - site where Swedish settlers used to launch their small boats on Sundays to trek across the Delaware River to go to church in Delaware. At the one end of the road is the Church Landing Farmhouse Museum, open Sundays, Wednesdays, and by appointment.
- The location of the old Riverview Beach Park[dead link], now a town picnic area with a beautiful view of the river.
- Nearby Fort Mott State Park, part of a coastal defense system protecting the Delaware River.
- The lighthouse and Union Cemetery at Finn's Point.
The Riverview Beach Park location is now owned and operated as a park by the Pennsville Township. Many different gatherings and celebrations for the local community are held there each year. The most well-known is the Septemberfest Celebration that occurs on a Saturday near the beginning of September each year and includes food, rides, music and a wonderful fireworks display as soon as it gets dark.
- Roman Pantry, 447 Harding Highway, ☏ +1 856 299-5257. See where Bruce Willis comes for his subs when he visits "The Grove".
- Italian Kitchen, 339 N. Hook Road, ☏ +1 856 678-2098. Owned and operated by the DiMarco family. Enjoy authentic food from the towns of Valle Soprana and Valle San Giovanni in the Abruzzo Region of lovely Italy. Mangia!
- A cone at the custard stand.
There are 3 or 4 motels right near the Delaware Memorial Bridge including a Hampton Inn at the foot of the bridge. Accommodations is not difficult to find here most of the time. Another is the Holiday Inn Express which is off exit 2B from 295 or the Penns Grove/Deepwater Exit (Exit 1) from the turnpike.
- Visit nearby Penns Grove[dead link] and you will be equally impressed with what you see.
- Visit the nearby Cowtown Rodeo (you got that right!) only five miles from the Grove.
|Routes through Pennsville|
|Trenton ← Carneys Point ←||N S||→ Newport → Ends at|
|New York City ← Carneys Point ←||N S||→ Ends at|
|Baltimore ← New Castle ←||W E||→ Carneys Point → Atlantic City|