Perdido Key is a short distance south west of the city of Pensacola. It is the furthest west beach in Florida, and is described as being one of the most beautiful beaches on the Gulf Coast.
Perdido means "lost" in Spanish. This is the Florida experience from years ago but with a modern, upscale twist. Like its sister towns, Perdido Key boasts sugar white sands and crystal water. Although boutiques and quaint eateries dot the landscape in Perdido Key, the area feels somewhat removed, enjoying a slower pace. Boating and fishing are naturals in this relaxed community.
The unspoiled, white sands of Perdido Key enjoy a history rich in lore. Rumor has it that pirates buried treasure along the precarious shoals of Perdido Bay where it enters the Gulf. Today, people still wander the beach hoping to uncover the lost treasures. Because of its unique geography the Key is one of the most natural and beautiful areas along the Gulf Coast. Here, the waves invite laughter and surfing, diving and sport fishing. The back bays and lagoons are ideal for boating or waterskiing. No doubt you'll believe Florida's Perdido Key brims with treasure, whether or not you find anything buried.
Florida State Route 292 links Perdido Key with Pensacola.
Perdido Key Drive, part of Florida State Route 292, is the island's main road and follows the coast of the Gulf of Mexico.
- 1 Johnson Beach Park (on the eastern end of the island). Part of the Gulf Islands National Seashore. Services and showers near the entrance; very quiet peaceful beach especially at the far end. $8 per car admission (re-entry allowed, for example if you wish to drive out for lunch and come back).
- 2 Perdido Key State Park, 15301 Perdido Key Drive, ☏ .
- 3 Fort McRee.
The beautiful beach!
- John Hill Photography, 14950 Innerarity Point Road (Close to Perdido Key and Al. Beaches), ☏ . Photographer specializing in beach portraits, special events, parties, children, sports, fine art, concerts, real estate and pets.
- Reel Surprise Charters, 24964 Wolf Bay Terrace, Orange Beach, Alabama, toll-free: .
- The America II at Hudson Marina, 4575 South Wilson Blvd, ☏ . Orange Beach, Alabama.
- Hub Stacey's, 5851 Galvez Road (from Innerarity Point Road turn south on to Galvez at the Fire Station). Good food and drink with a great view of the bay
- Lillian's Pan Pizza, 13821 Perdido Key Dr, ☏ .
- Lost Key Java, 13700 Perdido Key Dr (in the Villagio Shopping Center). Coffee, breakfasts, and lunch sandwiches.
- The Original Point Restaurant, 14340 Innerarity Pt Rd, ☏ .
- The Reef, 13595 Perdido Key (near the intersection of Johnson Beach Road). Restaurant is upstairs from the bar.
- Vallarta Mexican Restaurant, 13584 Perdido Key Dr, ☏ .
- The Jellyfish Restaurant & Bar, 13700 Perdido Key Dr. Upstairs from a beach shop; you can see the ocean from inside and has a bar area, as well.
- Flora-Bama Lounge, 17401 Perdido Key Drive. At the far western end of Perdido Key right on the border with Alabama. Raucous road-house dive; live music nightly and also in the afternoons during the weekend.
- Hub Stacey's, 5851 Galvez Road. Nice view of the bay; sometimes has live music on weekends.
- The Reef, 13595 Perdido Key (near the intersection of Johnson Beach Road). Smokey bar downstairs from the restaurant.
- Purple Parrot Tiki Bar & Grill, 13555 Perdido Key Dr. Tropical theme, large outdoor tiki bar and pool.
Perdido Key has few hotel rooms, but there are many rentals of furnished condominums. Most require 3 night stays. For other options, remember central Pensacola is an easy 20 minute drive away.
- Eden Condominiums, 16281 Perdido Key Drive, toll-free: . Aptly named; feel like you're in the French Riviera at this fine resort overlooking the beach.
- Island Paradise at Purple Parrot Island Resort, 13555 Perdido Key Blvd. Newly redecorated villa offers elegant, yet comfortable, tropical décor which will immediately set the mood for an exciting but relaxing vacation.
- Meyer Rentals, ☏ . Offers various furnished condominiums.
- [dead link] Perdido Key Resort Rentals, 14758 Perdido Key Drive, toll-free: . Stay in beautifully furnished, Gulf front condos and beach houses on Perdido beach. Choose from 100s of rentals for a fantastic family vacation.
- Windemere, 14511 Perdido Key Drive, ☏ . Just a few short steps away from the most beautiful and eight miles of unspoiled nature preserve along the Gulf of Mexico. Offers luxurious one, two, three, and four bedroom units with fabulous views. Four bedroom units feature wrap-around balconies, whirlpool tubs, and two gulf-front masters. Additional features include gulf-side elevated pool with poolside cabanas, conference room, and covered parking.
- Indigo, 13621 Perdido Key Drive, ☏ . Overlooking the Gulf of Mexico, this breathtaking high-rise resort features an incredible tropical pool with a waterfall rushing amid lush vegetation. Additional features include children's water play area, elevated spa, reflection benches, and gazebo. Luxurious interior appointments include granite countertops throughout the units, whirlpool tubs, washer/dryer and floor-to-ceiling view of the gorgeous beach and Gulf. Enjoy amenities such as Hydro tennis courts, fitness center, social club, theater, and covered parking.
- Spanish Key, 17287 Perdido Key Drive, ☏ . This fabulous mid-rise resort, reminiscent of the graceful architecture of Barcelona, offers spacious three bedroom units designed to enhance the natural beauty of Perdido Key. Each residence comes complete with master bath garden tub, wet bar, washer/dryer and waterfront balcony with dazzling Gulf view. Spanish Key also features an indoor and outdoor pool, fitness center, sauna, two gazebos, lush landscaping, and access to scenic Old River. Conveniently located between Pensacola, Florida and Gulf Shore, Alabama, the Spanish Key is within steps of the Flora-Bama.
- The Beach .Network™, Perdido Key Drive. Perdido Key Vacation Rentals By Owner. Choose from a variety of beachfront condos offering an array of resort amenities to suit your needs.
The city of Pensacola is a 15 to 20 minute drive to the north east.
The Alabama Gulf Coast begins a short drive to the west.