Pfäffikon SZ is a small city in Central Switzerland in the greater Zürich metropolitan area, between the Lake of Zurich and the Obersee. Pfäffikon is home to about 7,000 people and is the third biggest city in the canton Schwyz. The former farmer village has turned into a mini financial center due to is favourable location on the border between Northeastern and Central Switzerland and its liberal tax regime. International headquarters have been established big industrial and financial companies have moved to the city. During the week, the small city is bustling with business travellers from multinational companies while during the weekend it is very calm. This town in canton Schwyz should not be confused with Pfäffikon ZH which is in the canton of Zurich.
Since Pfäffikon is within the Zürich metropolitan area, it is served by its suburban trains (Zürich S-Bahn). The S2, S5 and S8 lines all offer 2 trains per hour to Zürich Hbf, of which the S2 is the fastest (35 min), followed by S8 (42 min) and S5 (45 min). S2 and S8 use the same route to Zürich Hbf; however, S2 makes limited stops along the line and S8 all stops. It is also possible to use the S2 to get to Zürich Airport (50-55 min). All-zone day and monthly cards are fully valid (see  for more information). Don't go to Pfäffikon ZH by mistake!
If you prefer the car then the Autobahn A3 to Chur/Zurich brings you to Pfäffikon. Keep in mind the loads of commuters so in the morning and evening rush hour it might take 15-20 minutes more as the main road (Churerstrasse) is utilized beyond its capacity. There is also the entry/exit Schindellegi on the A3 but entry is only in the direction to Chur and exit in direction to Zurich (not both ways!)
Pfäffikon is a town so the best options are by foot or bicycle. There are bus lines  but it's not really necessary if you don't live here. Pfäffikon is part of the regional public traffic system (ZVV) so a valid ZVV ticket (or SBB ticket in case of intra-Swiss travel) is sufficient. Orientation is easy as Churerstrasse is the main divider of the town. It starts in the industrial area close to the Autobahn and followed by the Seedamm Center next to Autobahn entry/exit of Pfäffikon. The train station is direct in the center and when you follow the lakeshore to west you fast end in the neighbouring town of Freienbach.
- 1 Seedamm. An almost natural bridge between Pfäffikon and Rapperswil. It's a nice walk of about one hour and its part of the St. James path to the monastery of Einsiedeln as well. The wooden bridge is nice to walk along to see birds on the lake.
- 2 Castle Pfäffikon, Unterdorf (between train station & lake). Historic castle that was renovated and today is also used as wedding room from the community.
- 3 Island Ufenau (with ZSG boat). Small island between Pfäffikon and Rapperswil. Scenic walk around the island. There is also a restaurant and it is popular for marriages in summer.
- 4 Vögele Kulturzentrum, Gwattstrasse 14 (above Seedamm Center), ☏ . Art and cultural exhibition to reflect question of our time.
- Steam boats. During the summer these boats circle around the Lake of Zurich.
- 1 Alpamare, Gwattstrasse 12, ☏ . Europe's largest covered water park right next to the Seedamm Center.
- 2 Strandbad Pfäffikon, Unterdorfweg (Lakeside). Small but cosy "beach" at the lake. Entry free of charge with changing rooms & small kiosk. No lifeguards on duty.
- 3 Casino Pfäffikon Zürichsee, Seedammstrasse 3, ☏ . One of the few Casinos in Switzerland. All standard games plus special events, very popular before Christmas with companies.
The Seedamm Center is one of the biggest shopping centres in Switzerland and offers a big variety of shops. It has all the usual shops you can find anywhere else in Switzerland (Migros, Manor etc.) In the older centre, shops close rather early and cater for the people living in that area
Options are limited when you are looking for special foreign cuisines. Some gems can be found in the region and are worth a visit.
There are two bakeries in town, more or less at the junction of the main road, Churerstrasse, and Bahnhofstrasse.
- Bakery Wust on Bahnhofstrasse
- Bakery Gau on Schindellegistrasse. Larger than Bakery Wust, and you can sit down for a coffee.
- Pizzeria da Franco on Churerstrasse
- Trattoria-Pizzeria Höfe if not for the food, certainly for the charming Swiss hospitality offered by the waiting staff.
- Restaurant Roessli on Schindelligstrasse (above Bakery Gau) - good value local fare and friendly staff.
- Gasthaus zum Rathaus (Lakeside), Im Unterdorf am See, ☏ . Nice restaurant and lounge direct at the lake. Good traditional kitchen with seasonal dishes
- Sukhothai (close to train station), Bahnhofsstr. 4, ☏ . M-Th 11:00 - 18:30; F 11:00-14:00. Excellent original Thai take-away and lunch restaurant.
- Restaurant Schiff (Lakeside), Unterdorfstrasse 21, ☏ . Only restaurant with terrace right on the lake. Excellent fish menus and good selection of wine. It's family-run and the focus is on fresh and high quality food.
- Restaurant Luegeten, Etzelstrasse 224 (on the hilltop), ☏ . Restaurant with an amazing view over the lake of Zurich and good traditional kitchen.
- Sonderbar, Seedammstrasse 45 (direct on the Seedamm), ☏ . Bar with amazing view over the Lake of Zurich right on the Seedamm. Interior is 1960s style.
- Living room Bar/Club, Churerstrasse 162 (Industriequartier Ost), ☏ .
- Baywatch, Talstrasse 31 (Industriequartier Ost), ☏ . Live DJ from Thursday to Saturday.
- Hotel Sternen, Churerstrasse 34 (close to train station), ☏ . Budget hotel direct in the centre of Pfäffikon. Popular with craftsmen.
- Hotel Schiff, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Unterdorfstrasse 21, Pfäffikon SZ. Charming hotel in traditional style and good breakfast right next to the lake.
- Seedamm Plaza (firstname.lastname@example.org), Seedammstrasse 3, ☏ . Four-star event hotel including a popular Casino. With 142 rooms biggest hotel in town.
- Panorama Resort & Spa (email@example.com), Schönfelsstrasse, 8835 Feusisberg SZ (on the hill above Pfäffikon), ☏ . One of the best hotels in the greater Zurich area with an amazing view over the Lake of Zurich and the mountains. It's in the small town of Feusisberg next to Pfäffikon. Also has an exquisite spa and restaurant.
- Picturesque Rapperswil is on the other side of the Seedamm (45 min by foot or 5 min by train)
- Zurich is 25 min away
- Popular ski resorts in Graubünden are 45-75 minutes by car or train