Pian Camuno is a small village in the province of Brescia, Lombardy. Pian Camuno is in the lower part of Valle Camonica, close to Lake Iseo and Darfo Boario Terme. Pian Camuno's territory is mostly a mountain area. The local river Oglio separates the side of Brescia from the side of Bergamo. It is surrounded by vegetation, woods, and fields.
You can reach Pian Camuno by train from Brescia's railway station. There's a train which departs from Brescia and arrives in Edolo and it stops in many towns of Valle Camonica (it is also called "Trenino della Valle Camonica") and it also stops in Pian Camuno's railway station. It is very cheap and fast (it costs €5.50 and it takes 1 hour more or less).
You can also reach Pian Camuno by coach. You can leave from the Coach Station in Brescia and get off directly in Pian Camuno. It is more expensive (it costs €7.90) and slower (it takes 1½ hours) than the train.
Pian Camuno is not a tourist city and there are no museums to visit here. The town can attract "cultural" tourists only for its churches or towers.
- Sant'Antonio Abate Church: it is the parish church of Pian Camuno and it was built in the 7th century.
- Santa Maria della Rotonda Church: it's a very small church built in 1439 and it is still used to celebrate religious services. In it, there are many frescoes from the school of Giovan Pietro from Cemmo, a very active 4th century painter whose frescoes are scattered in many churches of the Valle Camonica because Cemmo is situated in the higher part of it.
- Santa Giulia Church: the first evidence of its existence was in 1180 and during the 15th century its structure was expanded. The church was restored in 1976-77 and if you can visit it you can see some frescoes and some traces of the old previous church.
Pian Camuno is near lake Iseo and in 10 minutes you can reach it. Go for a swim or get a tan visiting one of the many little beaches along the lake. In winter you can easily reach Montecampione, one of the most famous ski areas in Valle Camonica, and take a ski holiday or a day on the snow. Alternatively, if you don't really like snow and cold, you choose a relaxing day at the Boario Spa which is very close to Pian Camuno (10 minutes by car).
You will not find many shops in Pian Camuno: only a small supermarket where you can buy food and home products. There is only one interesting shop called "Fai Festa" (Via Galileo Galilei, 37) where you can buy original articles for your party, gifts, and products for special events such as marriages and baptisms.
In Pian Camuno there are some restaurants where you can taste the typical and local food, such as "Casoncelli", homemade Tortellini with beef served with melted butter, or the famous "Polenta", a side dish made with cornmeal and its delicious variant "Polenta Taragna" mixed with different kinds of cheese and butter. You can also find restaurants where you can eat typical Italian food such as Pizza or Pasta.
- Antichi Sapori Camuni, Via Fane, 50, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. This is a holiday farm in the heart of Valle Camonica which has also a restaurant. Here you can taste the typical "Camuni" products and dishes and also buy them.
- Ristorante Pizzeria La Pignatta, Via Castellazzi, 8, ☏ . Pizzeria where you can eat different kinds of Pizza. It's also a Restaurant specialized in lake or seafood dishes.
- La Ruota Blu, Via XXV Aprile, 26, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Restaurant where you can taste different kinds of menu from the local to the more elaborate and original. Fax is +39036459907.
In Pian Camuno there are many little bars and cafés where you can relax, have a beer or a coffee, chat with friends and also try the typical Italian "Apericena", an aperitif usually in the evening that combines aperitif and dinner at the same time. There are also two venues for younger tourists where they can dance, drink, eat, and listen to music. The place is packed on Saturday nights. If you want to drink something hot and play cards with a friend you can visit Caffè I Portici (Via Provinciale, 26) or Bar Sport Santa Giulia (Via Santa Giulia, 8). If you want to try the "Apericena" you can go to Spazio 42 (Via Galileo Galilei, 12), a modern lounge café which offers great aperitif and it is also a club at night. Alternatively, you can choose Cotton Club (Via Provinciale, 13/e) another club which offers also a Pizza service.
Pian Camuno is a bit short on hospitality. In fact, you can find only 2 B&Bs but they are close to other tourist destinations in Valle Camonica near Pian Camuno, like Boario Spa or Montecampione ski area which are more famous.
- Albergo La Stube, Via Fane, 12, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. B&B on the road to Montecampione. It has comfortable rooms with all the necessary services. Fax is +390364590105.
- Spazio 42, Via Galileo Galilei, 12, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Lounge café which offers also a B&B service. It's new and modern, all rooms have services and comfort like TV and free Wi-Fi access.