Pinglin is most known for producing pouchong tea with over 80% of the population of the district employed in the tea trade. The Pinglin Tea Museum is the world's largest tea museum.
From Taipei City (Xindian MRT) take bus 923 (weekdays: leaves hourly at half-past the hour; weekends: on the hour and half-past) or Bus Green 12 (綠12) weekdays: leaves at quarter-past and quarter-to each hour.
- 1 Pinglin Old Street (坪林老街), ☏ .
- 2 Chen Family's Old House (老厝陳吉記). A historic old house built by Chen Jie Sheng. The house is made of bricks sitting on top of a stone foundation, which was common of houses of wealthier residents at the time.
- 3 Old Japanese Style Police Station (金瓜寮日本老派出所). The police station was built during the period of Japanese occupation and is over a century old.
Outdoor and natureEdit
- 2 Jingualiao Creek Fern Trail (金瓜寮魚蕨步道), ☏ . A pleasant hiking trail that follows a creek.
- 3 Jiuqionggen Riverside Park (九芎根親水公園).
- 4 Pinglin Ecological Park (坪林生態園區), ☏ . 08:00-17:00.
- 5 Stone Carving Park (坪林石雕公園), ☏ . A park on a hillside containing a number of carved stone statues.
Pinglin is also a popular site for camping in Taiwan and there are a number of campsites dotted around the district.