Plano is easily accessible from Highway 75, which connects to Interstate 20 and runs straight through the east of the city. The nearest airport is Dallas/Fort Worth Airport, which is approximately 30 minutes outside of Plano. You can get to Plano by DART rail by taking the Orange Line to the LBJ/Central Station then transferring to the Red Line for the rest of the way. During peak hours, the Orange Line will run all the way to the station at Parker Road. Taxis and cars for hire are readily available.
Driving a car is by far the best way (and likely the only reasonable way) to travel in Plano. Plano's major roads are in a grid system, which makes it very easy to drive around. Many local businesses will give an approximate location as the intersection of two major roads, such as Coit and Legacy. Major highways running through Plano include the Sam Rayburn Tollway (SH 121), the Dallas North Tollway, US 75, and the George Bush Turnpike.
However, there is a public transit system, the DART, that connects Plano to Dallas via the Red line which ends at Parker Station located at Parker and 75. From there you can take a bus to lots of areas in Plano. A day ticket costs US $4.00, $2.00 (Reduced for students with High School ID, Seniors 65+ and Children ages 5-14). Unfortunately, much of Plano is located somewhat far away from the 2 stations within city limits, so your best bet is to take a car.
Plano is a very large city, and a bike will not allow you to get where you want to be in a reasonable amount of time.
- 1 Angelika Film Center, 7205 Bishop Rd. Suite E6 (On Bishop Rd just south of Legacy Dr. DART Bus #452), ☏ . The Angelika plays an impressive and diverse mix of independent films, and is the definitive cinema of choice for filmmakers and film lovers alike. Inside, the Café offers a light gourmet fare along with coffees, Champagne, beer and wine.
- 2 Dark Hour Haunted House, 701 Taylor Dr (Corner of Plano Pkwy and Taylor Dr, in the same parking lot as Love and War in Texas. DART Bus #841.), ☏ . Hours vary by show. See website for showtimes.. One of the few professionally produced year-round haunted houses in existence. They have eight shows a year, several of which are based on seasonal holidays. Please check the website for upcoming shows. $28 general admission.
- Interurban Railway Museum
- 1 Arbor Hills Nature Preserve, 6701 W Parker Rd (On Parker 0.5 miles west of Midway Rd. Going west it will be on your right.). 5AM-11PM. A 200-acre park with a 2.3-mile paved path, a 2-mile unpaved path for off-road cycling, and many unpaved paths for pedestrians.
- Harper's sport court. A basketball court in the neighborhood of Stoney Hollow. With a 2 dollar Admission fee.
- 2 Amazing Jake's Food & Fun. - located in Plano
- 1 The Shops at Willow Bend, 6121 W. Park Blvd (NW corner of Park and Dallas North Tollway, just north of the George Bush Turnpike. DART Bus 347), ☏ . Hosts Dillard’s and Macy’s department stores, an Apple store, and upscale shopping at Neiman Marcus and Coach. The Willow Bend mall has over 150 other shops and restaurants, located just north of the George Bush Turnpike on the Dallas North Tollway.
- [formerly dead link] Plano Market Square Mall, 1717 E. Spring Creek Pkwy. (NW Corner of Spring Creek Pkwy and K Ave. DART bus 350). Mon - Sat 10AM-9PM, Sun noon-6PM. A small to medium sized outlet mall. It's not as big and exciting as Grapevine Mills, but you can find some interesting things here if you don't mind poking around. The largest business here is Garden Ridge.
- Dallas Vintage Shop, 1855 N. Central Expressway (Southbound side of Central Expressway between Park Blvd. and 15th St. DART Bus #350 (closest bus stop is Park & Chisolm Pl)), ☏ . Mon-Sat 10AM-7PM. While this is mainly a place to find costume supplies, it's also a very unique shop to find various used clothes, shoes, jewelry, clothing accessories, props, and anything related to dressing up. They're stocked floor-to-ceiling in this place, and the ailes are ver very narrow. This shop is unique in the fact that it's overflowing with personality and is possibly the most claustrophobic store in all of DFW.
- California Pizza Kitchen, 6121 W. Park Blvd (Next to Foley's). Monday - Thursday:11AM-9PM, Friday:11AM-10PM, Saturday:11AM-10PM, Sunday:11AM-8PM. Serving unique and wonderful types of pizza. They'll make more traditional pizza styles as well if you're not feeling adventurous. Located at Willow Bend Mall.
- Chettinaad Palace, Central Expwy Service Rd (at W Parker Rd), ☏ . Cheap and delicious South Indian buffet.
- El Grande Burrito, 801 S. Greenville Ave., Allen (SE corner of Greenville Ave (HWY 5) & Bethany Rd), ☏ . This little place has very good homemade, authentic Mexican food. Has dine-in or carry-out and is very reasonably priced. Serves breakfast/lunch/dinner. Don't forget the sopaipillas for dessert! $.
- For You Taste of Poland, 2301 N Central Expy, Ste. 155 (Southbound Central Expy between Parker and Park. Corner of Central Expressway and Enterprise Dr. DART Bus #350.), ☏ . Tue-Thu 11AM-9PM, Fri-Sat 11AM-10PM, Sun noon-5PM. All the delightful flavors of Polish cuisine in an upscale art cafe. If Polish food is completely foreign to you, then try the Tate of Poland for $25. It's big enough for two. A small Polish foods market and deli are also on site.
- Little Gus's Cafe (Coit and LEgacy). Best Brunch in Plano.
- Simon's Sushi, 810 North Central Expressway, ☏ . Some of the best sushi in Plano. BYOB. Ask for the daily special menu.
- [dead link] Thai Samba, 621 West Plano Parkway #247, ☏ , (delivery). Just a few of Thai Samba's signature dishes are, pepper steak, garlic chicken, cashew chicken, seafood noodle and seafood chili paste, lemon grass, and crab meat fried rice, which satisfy meat lovers as well as non-meat eaters. Located outside Collin Creek Mall Across From Macy's Around The Corner From JoAnn Fabrics Next To Verizon Wireless.
- Buffalo Wild Wings, 3625 Central Expressway (West side of Central Expressway between Spring Creek Pkwy and Parker Rd. No DART bus stop within 1/2 mile.), ☏ . Mon-Sat: 11AM-2AM, Sun: 11AM-midnight. This is part of a chain that has locations around the country. While this is officially a bar, they're still a good place to get some really good chicken wings, burgers, and various other finger foods. Almost everything there can be coated in one of 14 different sauces ranging from a mild and sweet BBQ sauce to their unbearably hot Blazin'.
- Fillmore Pub, 1004 East 15th St (SE corner of 15th St and J Ave. DART Downtown Plano Rail Station.), ☏ . Monday: 4PM-2AM, Tues-Fri: 11AM-2AM, Sat-Sun: 10:30AM-2AM. An excellent pub located in Plano's historic district. This is one of several pubs located close together, making for an excellent pub crawl. It's usually very noisy and crowded on the weekends.
- Jakes Joint, Parker. Great atmosphere with outside patio and palm trees
- Plano Super Bowl. 24hr.
- Vickery Park, 1011 E 15th St (NE corner of 15th St and J Ave. DART Downtown Plano Rail station.), ☏ . Every day 11AM-2AM. A great place to drink, with a wide variety of beers, ciders and mixed drinks. Along with that they also have some tasty finger foods and sandwiches to go along with your alcohol. People can reserve the large room in the back for social gatherings.
- Dallas/Plano Marriott at Legacy Town Center, 6840 North Dallas Pkwy, ☏ . Offers 20 meeting rooms with 32,000 sq. ft. of meeting space. Complimentary shuttle.
- Comfort Inn & Suites Plano East, 700 East Central Parkway, ☏ .
- [formerly dead link] Microtel Inn & Suites Plano, 19373 Preston Rd, ☏ . Free continental breakfast from 6AM util 10AM.
- [dead link] AmeriSuites Dallas/Plano, 3100 Dallas Pkwy, ☏ .
- TownePlace Suites Dallas Plano, 5005 Whitestone Lane, Plano, Texas 75024 USA, ☏ . Check-out: lat=.
- NYLO Plano at Legacy (Plano Texas Boutique Hotel), 8201 Preston Rd, ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: noon. Ultramodern hotel with meeting space and package deals on rooms.
- Courtyard Dallas Plano Parkway, 4901 West Plano Pkwy, ☏ . The highlight of the new lobby is The Bistro which provides healthy offerings in the morning, plus dinner service with cocktail selections in the evening. Also has 2 meeting rooms, great for business meetings or social gatherings such as reunions and showers. $149-$159.
- Residence Inn Plano, 5001 Whitestone Ln, ☏ . Fully equipped kitchens and pet friendly!
- 1 Fairfield Inn & Suites The Colony/Plano, 5909 Stone Creek Dr (Close to I-21), ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: noon. Stylish, affordable rooms and suites. Free Wifi. Free Breakfast.
- 2 Residence Inn The Colony/Plano, 6600 Cascades Ct (Close to I-21), ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: noon. All suite hotel for short or long stays. Fully equipped kitchen, living area, free WiFi.
|Routes through Plano|
|Tulsa ← McKinney ←||N S||→ Richardson → Dallas|