Pointe-à-Pitre is on Guadeloupe island.
- Schoelcher museum: the man who has contributed to abolish slavery in the french colonies.
- St John Perse museum: a famous writer who has lived in Guadeloupe.
- The market place, typical of the creole atmosphere.
- In Bas du Fort district, you can of course visit the Fort on the top of the hill. In the same area stands the Aquarium where you can contemplate a lot of fishes.
- 1 Mémorial ACTe, Rue Raspail, Darboussier. The largest slavery memorial in the world, with extensive information on the Atlantic slave trade, especially enslaved people brought to the Caribbean. Audioguides available, including in English.
In La Marina, you will discover many restaurants and bars. Try the Zoo Rock Cafe, you can't miss it, it stands on the main place. In the district Bas du Fort, you can have a drink and dance at Bario Caliente, where they play latin music: salsa, bachata, merengue...