The hill station is an important point of contact with the river Kallar, known for its crystal clear water, fishes and lush trees surrounding it; it's also an extension of the Western Ghats and runs parallel to Arabian Sea. The nearby tea gardens are a soothing experience.
The nearest airport is Trivandrum International Airport, at a distance of more than 62 km.
Govt. Buses (KSRTC) ply from the main bus stand in Trivandrum at periodic intervals.
Taxis are available at Trivandrum Central Station and Airport.
Ponmudi is ideal for a trekking holiday. The hills are undulating and very green. The place is not crowded except on Sundays.
- Freshwater Springs of the river Kallar.
- A deer park is there at the mountain top.
- Peppara Wildlife Sanctuary
- Lion Safari & Deer Park
- Golden Valley
- Agasthiya Biological Park
- Ponmudi Crest
- Meenmutti falls lies close to the place.
Trekking and hiking in the lush mountains. Agasthyar Hills is close to it and passes are available in the month of January and February.
- KTDC Restaurant. Breakfast: ₹250, Lunch: ₹450
- There is another restaurant present at the top of the hill will average prices.
- The government guest house in Ponmudi offers decent lodging. Spot reservations are not entertained. You have to reserve a room before you start from Thiruvananthapuram. Make enquiries at the Government Secretariat, Thiruvananthapuram. You will get some preference if you have a government job in India or even in a foreign country. The people of Thiruvananthapuram are a little obsessed with government jobs, and anyone working for a corporation or running his own business is considered worthless.
- KTDC Hotel, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. ₹2,000.
- Agastya Mala and Agasthyarkoodam peak in the Western Ghats
- Braemore Estate
- Palaruvi water falls