city in Maine, United States
- 1 Northern Maine Regional Airport at Presque Isle (PQI IATA), 650 Airport Dr, ☏ +1 207-764-2550. Served by United Airlines from Newark (EWR).
- A total solar eclipse on Monday 8 April 2024 starts at 3:32PM local time and lasts 3 min. The chances of a clear sky are 30%. The track of totality is northeast from Mexico and Texas to Ohio and straddling the Canada–New England border, then across Maine to New Brunswick and Newfoundland.
- Aroostook State Park, 87 State Park Rd, ☏ +1 207 768-8341. An 800-acre preserve with campsites, a showerhouse with plenty of hot water (free), and a freshwater beach at Echo Lake. Public boat access with canoe and paddleboat rentals.
Fishing (license required) for brook trout at Echo Lake. Several hiking trails reach two mountain tops. A playground for children is located near the campground. Groomed cross-country ski trails and snowmobile trails cross through the park during winter. Call the park during the winter for daily reports on the trails.
Camping area has 30 very natural sites and a community kitchen-pavilion for use. Each campsite has a picnic table and a fire ring.
- Northern Maine Museum of Science, 181 Main St, ☏ +1 207-768-9482.
- Presque Isle Air Museum, 650 Airport Dr (at airport terminal building).
- Presque Isle Historical Society & Museum. Provides walking tours of Presque Isle by request.
- Northern Maine Fair, ☏ +1 207 762-1151.
- BigRock Mountain, 37 Graves Road, Mars Hill, ☏ +1 207-425-6711. Skiing, snowshoeing, snow tubing. Rentals and classes available. Day pass: adult $40, 5-17 $30.
- Northeastland Hotel, 436 Main St, ☏ +1 207 768-5321.
- Presque Isle Inn & Convention Center, 116 Main St, ☏ +1 207 764-3321.
- Hampton Inn, 768 Main St, ☏ +1 207 760-9292. Check-in: 3PM, check-out: noon.
|Routes through Presque Isle|
|Fort Kent ← Caribou ←||N S||→ Houlton|