county in New York, United States
- Manitoga/The Russell Wright Design Center, ☏ . 584 Route 9D, Garrison. The home site of the famous designer. Wright transformed an old quarry back to a carefully designed "natural" landscape. Four miles of walking trails. House and landscape tours M-F at 11AM, Sa and Su at 11AM and 1:30PM. Advance reservations required for weekend tours, group tours by appointment only. Hours may change without notice due to special events or restoration work, so you may want to call ahead.
- Clarence Fahnestock State Park. With hiking trails, boating, and cross-country skiing, a beautiful park off the Taconic and close to Cold Spring.
- Chuang Yen Monastery, just off Rte. 301 between Cold Spring and Carmel, the Chuang Yen Monastery contains a large Buddha, many meditation halls, and a vegetarian dining hall.
- Morningthorpe Estate, Brewster. The mansion was originally owned by Benjamin Mead and was purchased by local circus entrepreneur Seth B. Howes. Stop by at night around Christmas time to see the mansion decorated in Christmas lights.
- 1 Walter Brewster House, Oak Street, Brewster. Walter Brewster, an architect who built many historical sites in Brewster, built the house in 1850 in the Greek revival style. After its preservation it still holds concerts and other special events.
- Sybil Ludington Statue, Carmel (Shore of Lake Gleneida). See the statue of one of the most famous people in American history that depicts her in the midst of her famous ride as the "female Paul Revere."
- 1 Constitution Island, West Point (Cold Spring), fax: . Tours for the general public are from late June until the end of September. Tours are at 1PM and 2PM on Wednesdays and Thursdays and are approximately 2 1/4 hours in duration.. Part of West Point, most famous for the Great Chain that was placed across the Hudson during the Revolutionary War and the Warner family who lived on the Island during the 19th century. Want to find out more? Go visit!
- Thunder Ridge, 137 Birch Hill Road, Patterson (8 miles north of Route 684 and one hour from New York City), ☏ . Pre-Season:Monday – Friday – 10AM – 5PM In season:Monday – Friday – 10AM – 9PM Saturday – 9AM – 9PM Sunday – 9AM – 5PM Holiday Hours vary.. Come ski or snowboard down the Berkshire Mountains of Patterson, NY. If you don't know how Thunder Ridge also provides lessons if you would like to learn how to ski or snowboard. For those who have no interest there is also intense tubing/ sledding. In the off season Thunder Ridge offers hayrides and haunted houses for the fall and when you are in a pugnacious mood, Liberty paintball is available as well. Special occasions such as a weddings and other catered events are hosted on the base of the mountain at The Lodge. Rental prices vary.Lift Tickets: Full Day Adult: $50 Junior: $37.
- Aversano's Restaurant and Bar, 1620 Route 22, Brewster (At Route 312 intersection.), ☏ . Classic southern Italian cooking has drawn people in on the weekends making reservations something to heavily consider. If you feel like eating out but are not in a formal dining sort of mood? Aversano's is also partly a pizzeria where you can come in and grab a slice wearing sweats but are still served with the same Italian hospitality and respect. While you are in make sure to say hi to John and Paul, the owners of the place, they are sure to remember you the next time you come!
- Fiesta Mexicana, 1620 Towne Center, Brewster (On Route 22), ☏ . Serving lunch and dinner 7 days a week. Fiesta as people like to call it consists of classic Mexican-style food, Pinatas, a small live band that plays at each table (requests are encouraged) and their famous guacamole that is made right in front of you all make it a very popular place on the weekends. The bar makes it noisy sometimes but the band usually is able to play over them.
- Red Rooster Drive-In, 1566 Route 22, Southeast (Just north of Brewster on Route 22), ☏ . Crowd-pleasing drive-in has been serving up burgers and shakes for decades. Cheap eats, but oh so good. After you wash down the burger and fries with a soft-serve ice cream, walk (if you still can) next door for a round of mini golf.
- Kelly's Corner, ☏ . 1625 Route 22, Southeast. Just north of Brewster on Route 22. "Putnam Eats and Family Fare." Small, lively restaurant with food choices for all ages. Sport's bar area creates a casual, relaxed atmosphere. Make sure to come on Mondays and Wednesdays for Wing Night!
- Bird & Bottle Inn, 1123 Old Albany Post Rd, ☏ . Garrison. Exquisite fine dining in a renowned country inn in 18th century buildings.
- Heidi's Inn, 1270 Route 22, Brewster (1/4 mile north of the i84 & i684 interchange), ☏ . Although near a busy road Heidi's Inn still provides a sort of "getaway" spot. Most rooms have full kitchens but if you prefer to go out, there are restaurants within a one mile radius of the inn. Consists of an outdoor pool and the option to walk in the forest for those who have the need to experience the outdoors first hand. Rates range from $79 to $130 per night depending upon type and season.
County wide 911 system for summoning emergency assistance.
Southeast Train Station-located in the Village of Brewster, part of the Metro-North railway. Train leaves every hour for New York City. 
Telephone area code 845