Qiandaohu (千岛湖) or Thousand Island Lake is a lake and city in Zhejiang province, China. The lake, which was formed by the construction of a nearby dam, boasts over a thousand islands and clean water used in the production of Nongfu Spring brand drinking water.
- The Hangxinjing Expressway offers a 2-hour toll road drive from nearby Hangzhou.
- Multiple G Trains daily on the Line from Hangzhou to Huangshan stop at Qiandaohu, it takes a good hour only with the Bullet Train.
- The Animal Islands, including Monkey Island and Snake Island, inhabited by the animals that bear the islands' names.
- Jiulong Brook Rafting, a river rafting course in the mountains near Qiandaohu with mild rapids and splash chutes. Expect to pay around ¥100 per person for admission, including equipment. Rafters will get wet (if not soaked) on the course, so bring a dry change of clothes, towels and plastic bags for afterward. Snacks, Chinese food, water toys, and basic articles of clothing are sold on site.
- Fish Head Soup, a local specialty available in many area restaurants and hotels.
- Tachee Island Holiday Hotel, 86571-65011888
- Yellow Mountain Huangshan in neighbouring Anhui Province