Rajapalayam is a city in Tamil Nadu.
Industrial town near western ghats, Connected by few trains from Madurai and Kollam ( Kerala). Well connected by bus routes from Madurai, Sivakasi, Thirunelvel and Courtalam ( Thenkasi ). Rain shadowed area, bit dry.
Mid way to Courtalam Falls from Madurai , 75 km. Stopping point to have your food on your journey. You can find few budget restaurants on your route.
Srivilliputhur - 10 km , an important Vaishanav Temple and one among DIVYA DESAMs( 108) , Birth Place of Kothai -Andal , One of the 12 Alwars ( Vaishnav saints). Also a birth place of Peria Alwar. Both of them wrote no. of Pasurms (Lyrics or Poems)on Lord Vishnu. Their Pasurams been practised in all over Vaishnav Temples in South India and some places in north too.
- Ayyanar Falls - 10 km from Town , On the Foot hills of Western Ghats. Only on winter, please check up.
- Sanjeevi Hill - Hills believed with Lot of Herbs, also you can find a Subramaniaya Temple and few caves.
- Srivilliputhur - 10 km
Important Festivals at "Srivilliputhur" - Car Festival ( Rath Uthsav)in the month of August. Andal Thirukalyanam - ( Divne Marriage )- Festival on April
- Good for few delicious varieties of mangoes, like Sappattai and Panchavarnam.
- Known for Hunting Dogs, Rajapalayam Dogs are country breed dogs, white in colour, Lean and tall. They look like greyhounds outside of India except for the colour. Check with the locals and you can buy puppies, abd may cost you a few thousand rupees.
Eat Parota with delicious salna and famous for Chicken Biriyani. Almost all the shops taste well.
Snacks like mixture, Jilebi, Laddu, kaara sevu, are must to try.
Aravind Herbals, a Herbal Pharmacutical Unit, manufactures herbal Drinks & medicines for the healthy and fitness of Body.
- Hotel Anandhas
- [dead link] Hotel Bombay, 885 Thenkasi Road. - Rajapalayam 626117, ☏ .