Ratzeburg lies near a lake creatively named "Ratzerburg See". Parts of its old town are on an island in the lake with causeways connecting it to the mainland. One of the things that makes Ratzeburg known beyond its immediate surroundings are the local rowers with a rowing club and a rowing academy whose purpose it is to produce Olympic level athletes.
- 1 St. Georg auf dem Berge. Church
- 2 Ernst Barlach Museum Ratzeburg, Barlachplatz 3, 23909 Ratzeburg, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Tu-Su 11:00-18:00. A museum dedicated to Ernst Barlach where he spent part of his childhood. 8€ reduced 6€.
- 3 Ratzeburger Dom. Easily Ratzeburg's most impressive church built from brick as most older buildings in this part of Germany are.
- 4 St.-Petri-Kirche (Stadtkirche). Late Baroque church built in the 18th century
- 5 Herrenhaus der Herzöge von Mecklenburg (Kreismuseum Herzogtum Lauenburg). A former stately home now hosting a local museum
- 6 A. Paul Weber Museum, Domhof 5, 23909 Ratzeburg, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Adults 3€.
- 1 Campingplatz Schwalkenberg, Dorfstraße 32a 23909 Römnitz (On the eastern shore of Lake Ratzeburg), ☏ , ✉ Campingplatzemail@example.com. From 4.50€ per tent + 2€ for electricity.
- 1 Rowing Academy Ratzeburg.
- 2 Segelschule Ratzeburg (Reeperbahn 4), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. They also offer a small Ferienwohnung to stay in (not included in course fees) Weekend course 330€ "basic course" (M-Fr) 280€ + exam fee; single lecture: 60€ sports boating license for inland waters: 580€ + exam fee.