area in northern Richmond, Virginia, United States
- 1 Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens, 1800 Lakeside Ave, ☏ . The Garden is open daily from 9AM to 5PM The Garden is closed on Thanksgiving Day, Dec. 24 and Dec. 25.. The Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens was once property owned by the Powhatan Indians, but was purchased in 1884. It has become one of the top public gardens in the US because of its facilities, programs, and displays. There are over 50 acres of garden with theme gardens including the Healing Garden, Asian Valley, Rose Garden, Children's Garden... There are several libraries and an education center, a visitors center, cafe, garden shop, and tree house. The garden is open all year long, excluding Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Day. Members are free; adults $10, children (3-12) $6, children under 3 are free.
- 2 The Cultural Arts Center at Glen Allen, 2880 Mountain Road, Glen Allen, ☏ . The Cultural Arts Center holds special events and performances, classes, and exhibits. Some examples are the Latin Ballet of Virginia, comedy and musical theatre performances.
- 3 Innsbrook After Hours, 4901 Lakebrook Drive Glen Allen, ☏ . Holds annual summer concert series and events
- 1 Meadow Farm Museum at Crump Park, 3400 Mountain Rd. 1860 living history farm site and museum
- 2 Henrico County Tourist Information Center, 3812 Nine Mile Rd, ☏ . The tourist center in the restored Dabbs House Museum has information for travelers on Richmond's historic and cultural sites, as well as guides and information for the rest of Virginia.
- 3 Eastern Henrico Recreation Center. This 24-acre recreation center has a fitness center, gym, activity spaces, classrooms, and administrative offices. Outdoors there is a football field, track field, concession building, restrooms, and larger shelter.
- 1 Comfort Suites At Virginia Center Commons, 10601 Telegraph Road, ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. Offers guests free breakfast, free high-speed Internet access and an indoor heated pool. From $80.
- 2 Virginia Crossings Hotel & Conference Center, 1000 Virginia Center Parkway. Glen Allen is 10 miles north of downtown Richmond and only 20 miles from the Richmond International Airport.
- 3 Courtyard Richmond North/Glen Allen, 10077 Brook Rd, ☏ . Check-in: 4PM, check-out: noon. The new state-of-the-art lobby at Courtyard Richmond North provides greater flexibility and choices for our guests. This Glen Allen hotel's lobby features inviting, flexible spaces to work or relax in, free Wi-Fi throughout and easy access to the latest news via our GoBoard. The highlight of our lobby is The Bistro, which provides breakfast and dinner service with cocktails. The hotel offers 2800 square feet of flexible meeting space, perfect for corporate events and social gatherings. Just a short drive to downtown Richmond, Kings Dominion, Richmond International Airport, and Busch Gardens, our hotel has an ideal location no matter where you want to go! Our North Richmond hotel is also within easy reach of the dining, shopping and entertainment of nearby Virginia Center Commons Mall, Short Pump Towne Center, Carytown, and Shockoe Slip. Courtyard Richmond North is within minutes of Villa Park, Owens and Minor, and Bass Pro Shops. Welcome to Courtyard Richmond North/Glen Allen, It's a new stay!
- Ashland to the north. Further north there is the Kings Dominion Amusement Park in Doswell, 20 miles away.