Rockaway Beach is a quaint historic waterfront town located in Southwest Missouri. Otherwise known as the Missouri Ozarks. Only 10 minutes from Branson, yet out of the traffic. Enjoy the tranquil serenity of the Ozarks. It's fun to go and search for historic artifacts within the town.
- From Branson, take US 65 north and then State Road "F" to State Hwy 176 east.
- From Springfield, take US 65 south and then US 160 east to State Hwy 176 east.
This small town is great for walking along the shoreline of Lake Taneycomo and Fishing Island. You can also get around by renting a boat from one of the many marinas. Rollerblading up and down Main Street is a lot of fun too!
- Lake Fog, Lake Taneycomo is a cold lake with water coming from the bottom of Table Rock lake, the temperature is around 55 degrees. Over night and early in the morning this causes a fog to develop over the lake creating an eerie scene.
- Fishing You are located on the beach of Lake Taneycomo with some of the best trout fishing you will find anywhere. Catch Bass and Rainbow Trout from the town's very own Fishing Island. This complimentary island is walking distance over the bridge from the town's Main Street. On the island there is a covered pavilion with picnic tables and cleaning stations for the fish that you catch.
You don't even have to bring a pole or boat. They are available for rent. Some of the places listed in "Sleep" have rentals available. Or you can fish from one of the public docks or along the shore. The state record for brown trout was caught in Bull Shoals Lake, just below Lake Taneycomo's Powersite Dam in 1997 and weighed 26 pounds, 13 ounces. It is known for sure that there are larger trout in Lake Taneycomo. The Missouri Department of Conservation fisheries biologists during a sampling expedition, captured and quickly released a male brown trout that weighed about 37 pounds.
- Visit during the yearly hydroplane boat show.
- Plan another visit during the yearly antique car show.
- Plenty of marinas and fantastic food right in the downtown area.
- Beach House Cafe, Main Street, +1 417 561-5410. The best catfish. Very mild and not fishy at all. Their pies and cobblers are delicious. This place is located on the shore of lake Taneycomo. You can enjoy the views of the lake while you dine. It's a nice scenic windy drive into town that you'll really enjoy.
- La Pizza Cellar, Main Street, +1 417 561-4709 Just around the bend and up the hill from the boat launch ramp and fishing island. "The Cellar" as the locals call it, is exactly what it is... a real underground cellar. Just off the side of the road, and easy to miss there is an old door that opens up to a flight of stairs leading down to the bar/pizza restaurant. It's always dark, and usually full of smoke (especially at night), but the pizza makes it all worthwhile. It's also a good place to get a cold beer.
Upper Deck Saloon, a filming location for the famous Winter's Bone movie.
- [dead link] Branson Lakes Family Resort, 200 Lake St, ☏ , toll-free: .
- Eden Roc Resort, +1 417 561-4163 Located on Main Street right in downtown Rockaway Beach. Coffee makers along with microwaves & mini refrigerators are in all guest rooms. Fantastic swimming pool with stone wall background. Less than 5 minutes away from the Rainbow Haven Resort & Marina. Also, less than 5 minutes away from the town's Fishing Island!
- Rainbow Haven Resort & Marina, +1 888 561-4179 Located at 103 Beach Blvd., This resort has 1 and 2 bedroom units with kitchenettes / full kitchens. Full Service marina with tackle store and boat rental. Swimming Pool. Pet Friendly
- [dead link] Hospitality Hill Resort, 203 Recreation Ave, ☏ , toll-free: , ✉ email@example.com.
- Gladstone Cottages, ☏ .
- Kerr's Kountry Kabins, ☏ .
- O'Garey's Lakeside Resort, ☏ .
- Piper's Lakeshore Resort, ☏ .
- Port-O-Call, ☏ .
- Rockaway Inn, ☏ .
- Scenic Court, ☏ .
- Taneycomo Campground & Cabins, ☏ .
- Taneycomo Motor Lodge, ☏ .
- Duck Harbor Resort, ☏ .
- Upper Deck Lounge, 2609 State Hwy. 176, ☏ . Come for the coldest beer in town and stay for the friendliest people around. Two pool tables. Texas Hold-em card room. Dancing on the weekends to the ORIGINAL Drifters LIVE!!! See you there. Enter a stranger..leave a friend.
- Branson is only 10 minutes away.