Roeselare is an industrialised town in the middle of the province of West Flanders in Belgium.
- 1 Tourist Centre (Toerisme Roeselare), Polenplein 15, ☏ +32 32 51 26 24 00, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 1 Roeselare Railway Station is located quite centrally in the town. Roeselare is on the line connecting Bruges and Kortrijk. There is at least 1 train in each direction per hour.
- From Bruges: 30 minutes.
- From Kortrijk: 20 minutes.
The bus station is next to the train station. The Flemish national bus company, De Lijn, has lines to Roeselare from Diksmuide, Kortrijk and Ypres. For more information regarding timetables (only available in Dutch): https://www.delijn.be.
- 1 Town Hall and Belfry of Roeselare (Belfort), Grote Markt. The oldest part of the town hall was constructed between 1769 and 1771. On the corner of the town hall stands the belfry. The belfry is, together with 55 others in Belgium and northern France listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- 2 St. Michael's Church and Tower. This church built in 1504 used to be the only parish church of Roeselare for a very long time. The town gained a second parish church only in 1872. The interior of the church contains many art pieces. It is possible to climb the 256 steps of the 65 meter high bell tower, which dominates the skyline of Roeselare.
- 3 Castle of Rumbeke, Moorseelsesteenweg 2, ☏ +32 51 22 60 60.
- 4 Rodenbach Brewery, Spanjestraat 133, ☏ +32 51 27 27 00.
- 5 ARhus, De Munt 8, ☏ +32 051 69 18 00, email@example.com. The knowledge hub of Roeselare. This is one of the most modern libraries of Belgium and is worth a visit if you are interested in architecture. From the large windows you have a nice view on the neighboring streets and squares. There is a small readers café called De Tassche where you can get something small to eat and to drink.
- 6 MUZE'UM L (MUZE'UM licht & landschap), Bergstraat 23, ☏ +32 051 49 10 10, mail@muzeumL.be. Museum that interacts in a playful way with architecture, light and landscape.
- 7 KOERS, Hazeltstraat 15, ☏ +32 051 26 96 00, firstname.lastname@example.org. The Cycling Museum depicts and tells the story of the history of professional cycling. The museum houses a rich collection of bicycles and attributes from the cycling history of Belgium. € 7.
- 8 Eperon d'Or, Prins Albertlaan 5, 8870 Izegem, ☏ +32 051 31 64 46. Tu-Su 13:30—17:30, M closed. This 1930 art deco building was built to house a shoe factory called Eperon d'Or. The building has been thoroughly renovated, and since 2017 it is a museum dedicated to shoes and brushes. This is one of the most interesting pieces of industrial heritage in this part of West Flanders. It is next to the Izegem railway station.
- 9 Blauwhuis Castle, Kasteelwijk 3, 8870 Izegem. This castle in the neighboring municipality of Izegem is one of the most iconic one of Izegem. In 2017 the park surrounding the castle has been made accessible for visitors.
- 1 Sportoase Schiervelde swimming pool, Diksmuidsesteenweg 400A, ☏ +32 51 80 69 00.
- De Tuin der Lusten - Yearly open air festival (for free).
- de groote stooringe - International street and circus festival that takes place once every three years (for free).
- TRAX Festival - Yearly pop/rock music festival (for free).
Today Roeselare is quite known among Flemish people for its ample shopping opportunities.
- 1 Frituur Smulbox, Rumbeeksesteenweg 99, ☏ +32 51 25 37 28. For the typical Belgian fries and fried snacks.
- 2 De Huiskamer, Sint-Alfonsusstraat 34, ☏ +32 51 80 31 77. The restaurant interior feels like a living room.
- 3 Boury, Rumbeeksesteenweg 300, ☏ +32 51 62 64 62, email@example.com. Granted with Michelin stars and in the Gault Millau guide.
Try the locally brewn Rodenbach beer in one of the bars in the city center.
1 Parkhotel, Stationsplein 7, ☏ +32 51 26 31 31, fax: +32 51 26 31 13, firstname.lastname@example.org. The Parkhotel is in front of the train station and in the hart of the town. There are several room types in this modern 3-star hotel: double and triple rooms and suites.
2 Mercure, Kwadestraat 149B, ☏ +32 51 43 20 00, email@example.com. Mercure is a luxuriously equipped 4-star hotel at the edge of the city. It is next to the E403 motorway, so it a good location to base yourself if you want to discover the region by car. It is hard to get to this hotel using public transport.
- 2 Post Office, Meensesteenweg 16/1.