census-designated place in Kern County, California, United States
Get in Edit
By car Edit
By plane Edit
By taxi Edit
- El Taxi en Espanol +1 661 266-2255 .. (Lancaster)
- Rosamond Yellow Cab +1 661 256-2227 .. (Rosamond)
- Southland Yellow Cab +1 661 723-2227 .. (Lancaster and Rosamond)
Get around Edit
- 1 Feline Conservation Center (The Cat House), 3718 60th Street West (west on Rosamond Ave, north on Mojave-Tropico Road, then west on Rhyolite Ave to 60th St W (60th St is not passable from Rosamond to Rhyolite)), ☏ , email@example.com. Th-Tu 10AM-4PM; closed: W, Christmas day, Thanksgiving day, and the day of Feline Follies (call for date). A non-profit organization "dedicated to the protection and preservation of the world's endangered felines." Visitors are free to wander the compound to see all of the wild cats, which range in size from the house-cat size fishing cat to the over 600-pound Caesar, a Siberian Tiger. A Twilight Tour is available to allow viewing of the nocturnal species. $7 general, $6 seniors 60+, $5 age 3-12.
- 1 Willow Springs International Raceway, 3500 75th Street West (from Highway 14 at the exit to Rosamond Blvd., turn west, drive about 6 miles to raceway entrance), ☏ , fax: , firstname.lastname@example.org. This race complex has tracks ranging from basic ovals to the 2.5-mi (4-km) big track. There is also a mini-Kart track and a convoluted street course. Events are held most weekends. Check the website for details.
- Guido's, 2938 Sierra Hwy, ☏ .
- M & G Burgers, 2915 20th St W, ☏ .
- Shanghai Restaurant, 2997 Desert St, ☏ .
- Valle Bravo, 2739 Diamond St, ☏ .
- Zuma's Restaurant, 2701 Sierra Hwy, ☏ .
- Coaches Sports Bar, Rosamond Blvd.
- 1 Diamond Jim's Casino, 118 20th Street West (Exit Highway 14 at Avenue A), ☏ .
- Norma's Pub, 1315 W Rosamond Blvd # A, ☏ .
- Zebra Bikini Bar, Sierra Hwy.
Go next Edit
- Edwards Air Force Base, 1 S. Rosamond Blvd (take Rosamond Blvd east out of town and follow it directly to the base, about 9 mi (14 km)), ☏ , fax: . Located east of Rosamond, Edwards AFB is a massive testing and training ground for the Air Force and NASA. There is a museum on the base and tours are available. See the website for details. It is an active military base so ID will be required and visitors may be required to submit to a search.
- Mojave - North of Rosamond on Highway 14, Mojave is a hotbed of aerospace activity, with the Mojave Spaceport the headquarters of Scaled Composites, the first private company to launch a human into space. Edwards Air Force base, a landing site for the space shuttle and a center for the development of experimental aircraft, is located adjacent to the town.
- Lancaster - Rosamond's southern neighbor on Highway 14, Lancaster and its twin city Palmdale are the two largest cities in the Antelope Valley. Lancaster provides extensive services for travelers, as well as the whimsical "Musical Road", a recreation of a road built in Lancaster for a Honda commercial that has grooves cut into it that generate an approximation of the William Tell Overture when a car passes over them.
|Routes through Rosamond|
|Bishop ← Mojave ←||N S||→ Lancaster → Los Angeles|