Get in edit
The closest major airport is Sacramento International Airport.
Roseville is located along highway 80 about 10 miles east of Sacramento. It's easy to get to, most people around the area could help you get there with some simple directions.
Amtrak serves Roseville with the California Zephyr, which runs daily between Emeryville (in the San Francisco Bay Area) and Chicago, and the Capitol Corridor which runs to Sacramento and the Bay Area. 1 Roseville station is located in downtown, at 201 Pacific St.
Get around edit
Roseville Transit offers bus service in and around the area. Dial a ride is also available for door to door transportation within the city limits.
Public transportation is somewhat limited so a car is recommended for getting around the Roseville area.
- 1 Westfield Galleria at Roseville, 1151 Galleria Blvd, ☏ . It is large, bright and spacious with good parking. This is a very safe place to come and shop, and comes with the usual stores including Macy's, Nordstrom, and JC Penney's.
- Fountains at Roseville (directly across from the Galleria mall). It's home to many upscale stores including Chico's, Whole Foods, Smith & Hawken, Anthroplogie, & Theater Xtreme. Also has many dining choices including California Pizza Kitchen, & The Counter. It's known for its large center fountain that hosts nightly shows with lights. It's a popular hang out spot for the younger crowd, and it's not uncommon to see a wedding party come through at night.
- Downtown Roseville, Vernon St. It's known for its small local shops, especially antique stores, and diners. They host the Hot August Nights, with classic cars and plenty of street vendors during that time of year.
- Galpão Gaucho Brazilian Steakhouse, 1400 Eureka, ☏ . Brazilian churriasca type of place that leaves your wallet feeling a lot lighter after you treat all your family and friends to a meal.
- Mikuni Japanese Restaurant, 1565 Eureka. Known for its sushi.
There are a few bars on Vernon Street and Riverside Ave. Most restaurants have bars in them.
- Best Western Roseville Inn, 220 Harding Blvd, ☏ , fax: .
- Courtyard Roseville, 1920 Taylor Rd, ☏ , fax: .
- Courtyard Roseville Galleria Mall/Creekside Ridge Drive, 301 Creekside Ridge Ct, ☏ , fax: .
- Fairfield Inn Roseville, 1910 Taylor Rd, ☏ , fax: .
- 1 Homewood Suites by Hilton, 401 Creekside Ridge Ct, ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. An all-suite hotel with fully-equipped kitchens. Complimentary hot breakfast daily, dinner with beer and wine Monday-Thursday, and high-speed wireless Internet.
- Residence Inn Roseville, 1930 Taylor Rd, ☏ , fax: .
- 2 Larkspur Landing Roseville, 1931 Taylor Rd, ☏ , toll-free: , fax: , firstname.lastname@example.org. An extended stay hotel.
Stay safe edit
The Roseville Police is a very effective police force. Crime is very low, however petty theft around the mall does happen during the holidays. Roseville Police are known for having a ruthless "no tolerance" policy for traffic violations. However, driving can be tough, it has a big city feel especially during rush hour. Avoid Douglas Blvd from Harding Blvd to East Roseville Pkwy especially around lunch time. Around the Galleria Mall during the holidays is to be avoided unless needed. Do not run red lights, they have cameras on them. Traffic aside, Roseville is one of the safest places in the entire area.
Go next edit
Sacramento- 80 West. Between 20 and 30 minutes away, depending where you are, without traffic. Home to the California State Capitol and Sutter's Fort.
Marysville- 65 North to 70 North. About 40 minutes away. Home to Bok Kai Festival during Chinese New Year. Also home to the Mary Aaron Memorial Museum.
Auburn- 80 East. About 20 minutes away.
Marshall Gold Discovery State Historic Park in Coloma- 80 East to 49 South. About 45 minutes away. Home to Sutter's Mill!
|Routes through Roseville|
|Emeryville ← Sacramento ←||W E||→ Truckee → Salt Lake City|
|Auburn ← Rocklin ←||N S||→ Sacramento → Emeryville|
|Sacramento ← Citrus Heights ←||W E||→ Rocklin → Reno|