Rupea is a town in Brasov. It was settled and founded by Saxon Germans in the 12th century.
- 1 Rupea Citadel (Cetatea Rupea) (on the hill). A fortress dating from the 14th century. The fortress was extended in the 18th century, and a three-year restoration began in 2010. While the exterior has been restored the rooms are largely empty and not very interesting. Regular 4 lei, student 1 leu.
- The German Church, built in the 14th century.
- The village Viscri, 11 km away. It is an old traditional village with a fortified church.
- Visit famous Sighisoara, the only inhabited fortress in Europe.
- The ruins of Saschiz, 20 km before Sighisoara.