Sânnicolau Mare is the westernmost city of Romania, situated in the north-west of Timis County in Mures Lower Plain, on the river Aranca. It lies at a distance of 64 km NW of Timisoara and 18 km from the customs Cenad on national road DN6. It is linked with Timisoara by rail Timisoara-Lovrin-Cenad and Timisoara-Periam-Valcani.
- 1 Nako Castle (Castelul Nako) (in the center of the town). It was built in 1864 by Count Nacu.
- 2 Béla Bartók memorial exhibition (Expoziția memorială Béla Bartók) (in the Nako Castle).
- Serbian Church Assumption (1783-1787).
- School of Agriculture (Școala Agricolă). First school of agriculture in Romania, founded in the 2nd half of the 18th century.
- Ruins of the Cistercian monastery Igriș (Ruinele Mănăstirii Cisterciene Igriș) (Igriș village, 10km northeast of Sânnicolau Mare). There are no actual ruins. Only some elements of decoration and masonry stones are to be seen scattered around the center of the village.