Salisbury is the largest city on the Eastern Shore (Maryland).
U.S. Route 13 is the main north-south route serving Salisbury, providing access from Dover, Wilmington, and Philadelphia to the north and from Norfolk to the south via the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel. U.S. Route 50 is the main east-west route serving Salisbury, providing access from Ocean City to the east and from Baltimore and Washington, D.C. to the west via the Chesapeake Bay Bridge.
Salisbury is about a 2 hour drive from the Baltimore (BWI IATA) airport or about 3 hours from Washington Dulles Airport (IAD IATA). It is a pretty drive that passes over the Chesapeake Bay on the Bay Bridge. There is also a small airport in Salisbury (SBY IATA), which is serviced by American Airlines with nonstop flights to Philadelphia and Charlotte.
- 1 Salisbury MD Zoo, 755 South Park Drive, ☏ . Daily except Thanksgiving and Christmas. Free.
- 2 Ward Museum of Wildfowl Art, 909 South Schumaker Dr., ☏ . Daily except Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Day. Houses the world's largest collection of wildfowl carvings.
- 3 Poplar Hill Mansion, 117 Elizabeth St., ☏ . Su 1PM-4PM, other times by appt.. Free on Sundays, other times $5/ person.
- 1 The Centre at Salisbury, 2300 N Salisbury Blvd, ☏ . M-Sa 10AM-9PM, Su 11AM-6PM. The only regional mall on the Eastern Shore of Maryland, The Centre at Salisbury is anchored by Macy's, Boscov's, Sears, and Dick's Sporting Goods and has over 85 stores, a food court, and a 16-screen Regal Cinemas.
- The Country Store on Main Street is huge and advertises itself as the Largest Country Store in the East. Huge array of Vera Bradley bags and accessories.
- Market Street Inn, 130 West Market St, ☏ . Excellent food including seafood and steaks; the Portuguese Bishop Rolls served with a variety of oils and vinegars are not to be missed; good wine list. Moderate to expensive.
Salisbury is a quick 40 minute drive to the Atlantic Coast. Ocean City is a popular nearby destination.
|Routes through Salisbury|
|Dover ← Laurel ←||N S||→ Princess Anne → Norfolk|
|Annapolis ← Cambridge ←||W E||→ Ocean City → END|