Sandspit (Haida: K'il Kun) is only town on Moresby Island, Haida Gwaii, British Columbia. Sandspit is the main jumping off point for those flying in from Vancouver and to Haida Gwaii as well as for those wanting to explore Gwaii Haanas National Park Reserve.
Sandspit (population about 300 in 2016) is is served by Sandspit Airport and by ferry from Alliford Bay to Skidegate Landing on Graham Island. Sandspit has accommodations, a campground, supermarket and 85-berth harbour serving visitors to Gwaii Haanas.
- Alliford Bay Ferry Terminal (BC Ferries), Beach Road, Alliford Bay (15 min W of Sandspit), ☏ , toll-free: . BC Ferries operates car ferry service to Skidegate Landing on Graham Island, which takes about 25 minutes. Connecting ferry service to Prince Rupert, which takes about 8 hours, is offered from Skidegate.
- Spirit of Sandspit, Beach Road (near Sandspit Inn). A copper and cedar sculpture of a salmon by island artist Lon Sharp.
- Moresby Island Circle Tour. Follows an active gravel logging road past Skidegate Lake, Copper River, Gray Bay beach, and Copper Bay, where traditional Haida people fish for sockeye salmon and hang the fish out to dry in May and early June.
- Willows Golf & Country Club, 342 Copper Bay, ☏ . A 9-hole golf course.
- Moresby Explorers, 365 Beach Road, ☏ , toll-free: , ✉ email@example.com. Offers boat tours, kayaker services, and other marine transport. Owns Seaport B&B.
- Other activities include beachcombing, hiking, fishing, boating, canoeing, flightseeing, camping and sea kayaking.
Sandspit offers a grocery store, liquor store, ATM, gas station and a few art galleries.
- Dick's Wok Inn, 388 Copper Bay Road, ☏ . Su-Tu Th-Sa 5-10PM, closed W.
- Shingle Bay Bistro, 1 Airport Road (Sanspit Airport). Daily 8AM-3PM.
- Bayview Garden B&B and Hostel, 401 Beach Road (1.5 km from the airport), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Bayview Garden is a oceanfront guesthouse with a three-bedroom cottage separate from the main house; offers a choice of either Private Rooms or Hostel-style accommodation. B&B room (single/double) $70/90+tax; bed hostel-style (no breakfast included) $27+tax.
- Northern Shores Lodge, 455 Alliford Bay Drive, ☏ . Specializing in boarding for work crews, meal catering (continental breakfast, bag lunches and full-course dinners) for short or longer-term stays. From $107.
- [dead link] Sandspit Inn, 2 Airport Road, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 20 double occupancy rooms; all rooms have en-suite bathrooms, with shower and bathtub. The only full-service hotel in Sandspit.
- Seaport B&B, 371 Beach Road, ☏ , toll-free: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Seaport B&B offers waterfront accommodation. Each of the 8 rooms has one queen bed and one single bed that are set up to accommodate two people (either a couple or two singles) but can also work for a family group of three. Some rooms have private bathrooms. All room rates include hot breakfast. Owned by Moresby Explorers.