One of the most industrialized cities in Sweden, Sandviken is dominated by the huge steel processing factory Sandvik, which employs almost 7,000 of the town's population of just under 40,000. This explains why there are a lot of international guests dining in town.
Get in Edit
Get around Edit
- 1 Högbo Bruk, Hans Hiertas väg 6, ☏ . A recreation area situated at countryside just outside Sandviken. The area includes manors, blacksmith cottages, a mill, stables, a hotel, an exhibition of carriages and sleighs, as well as the fragrance center Björk & Berries. Free.
- 2 Kungsberget Ski Resort, Kungsbergsvägen 51, Järbo.
- 3 Färnebofjärden National Park. A massive national park along the Dal river (Dalälven).
- 1 LillPuben, Storgatan 21, ☏ . Small and cozy pub serving typical bar food like burgers with a friendly atmosphere.
- 2 [formerly dead link] Mulligans Pub, Hyttgatan 15, ☏ . Irish-themed bar. Largest selection of beer in town.
- 3 [dead link] Sportbaren, Smedsgatan 19, ☏ . Sports bar in the same building as Stadshotellet Princess.