Get in Edit
By train Edit
Sanok is served by PKP intercity trains, as well as local and regional bus services. The 1 Sanok railway station, is on Dworcowa street a little southeast of the center. There are connections from Rzeszów and Jasło. Some regional trains stop at the 2 Sanok Miasto railway station, which is a little bit closer to the town centre.
By bus Edit
By car Edit
Get around Edit
Sanok is compact and many points of interest are easily accessible by foot. Taxis congregate near shops in the central area, and fares tend to be low.
- 1 Open Air Village Museum, Aleksandra Rybickiego 3, ☏ . An ethnographic museum known throughout Poland. It contains 200 buildings and shows daily life as it was in the 19th and early 20th century.
- 2 Royal Castle. Built in the 14th century on a hill with steep slopes in the town. The castle houses an exhibition of the impressive artwork of Polish artist Zdzisław Beksiński.
- 3 Orthodox Church (Cerkiew Świętej Trójcy), Zamkowa 16.
- Traces of Jewish history, including former synagogues.
Sanok lends itself to casual exploration. Set out on foot from the Rynek (town square) and explore the sights of this quaint town. In addition, Sanok is close to the Bieszczady Mountains and numerous parks.
- [dead link] KH Sanok. Sanok's best known sports team is its ice hockey club, which plays in the Polish equivalent of the premiership. Matches take place in the new Sanok Arena.
You can find most necessities (and more than a few luxuries) in the various shops in the centrum area. Outdoor markets are an excellent source of locally-grown foods.
- 1 Dom Turysty, ul. Mickiewicza 29, ☏ . Budget hotel with a very basic range of services. 70-110 zł.
- 2 Hotel Pod Trzema Różami, ul. Jagiellońska 13, ☏ . This comfortable hotel near the centre provides travellers with basic amenities. 80-140 zł.
- 3 Hotel Sanvit, ul. Łazienna 1, ☏ . This very modern hotel in the centre provides a restaurant, sauna and other amenities to visitors. 120-260 zł.
- 4 Hotel Jagielloński, ul. Jagiellońska 49, ☏ .
Go next Edit
- the Bieszczady National Park – a largely pristine environment suitable for hiking and exploring.