federated state of Brazil
- For other places with the same name, see Santa Catarina (disambiguation).
Santa Catarina is a state in the southern region of Brazil. It is situated between Parana and Rio Grande do Sul. It is one of the wealthiest and more developed states of the country, also containing the most popular beaches of Brazil's South region. Beyond the beaches, the state also offers excellent rural tourism in the Serras Catarinenses region and a rich culture influenced by German and Italian immigrants, including Brazil's most famous Oktoberfest event.
- 1 Florianópolis — the state capital, also known as Ilha da Magia (Island of Magic), is one of the most popular beach destinations, as well as possibly the most liveable state capital, of the entire country
- 2 Balneário Camboriú - a lively beach city famous for its jovial nightlife and one of Brazil's most impressive urban skylines
- 3 Blumenau - host of Brazil's most important Oktoberfest event, it is a major center of German and Italian culture
- 4 Bombinhas - a small municipality containing some of the state's best beaches
- 5 Garopaba - a good base for exploring the vast array of beaches south of the state capital
- 6 Joinville - possibly the major cultural centre of the state, with several museums and traditional events
- 7 Lages - a popular base for ecotourism and rural tourism in the Serras Catarinenses region
- 8 Pomerode - a charming and very authentic German-settled town
- 9 São Francisco do Sul - containing Santa Catarina's best preserved Colonial historical centre
- Beer - high quality beer from local microbreweries Einsebahn and Bierland, in Blumenau, Schornstein in Pomerode, and Zehn Bier in Brusque
- Wine - investments are being made to produce good wine in São Joaquim
- Cachaça - high quality cachaças can be found in Luis Alves and many other small cities, and Florianópolis also has a few good brands, as Cachaça Intisica