The main features of the town are its picturesque Piazza Santarosa and, for rail fans, the Piedmont railway museum (Museo Ferroviario Piemontese).
There is one direct train per hour from Torino Porta Nuova railway station; travel time: ~37 minutes.
- 1 Savigliano railway station (Stazione di Savigliano).
The railway station in Savigliano is about 1 km from Piazza Santarosa, the centre of the old town.
- Piazza Santarosa. A very picturesque square with arcades and a tower.
- Piazza del Popolo. A more modern square near Piazza Santarosa.
- Museo Ferroviario Piemontese has a collection of steam, diesel and electric locomotives. It is open Saturdays, Sundays and in summer also on Thursdays. Be sure to check the website for opening times as the museum closes for lunch breaks and perhaps also in the morning on opening days. Tickets are adults € 5,00, children (4-12) € 3,00. The museum is less than 1 km from Piazza Santarosa.
- Passeggiata ciclabile Sebastiano Origlia. If you are walking along Via Giuseppe Mazzini towards the railway museum from Piazza Santarosa, you may wish to take a detour along this passage which has a narrow canal between residential buildings.
- Alstom Ferroviaria. Although you might not be allowed to visit the train manufacturing factory, you might be able to see completed train sets parked directly across from the Savigliano railway station platforms.
There are shops around and near Piazza Santarosa and Piazza del Popolo.
There are restaurants on Piazza Santarosa.