Sebring is a city in the Florida Heartland.
Nearby Highlands Hammock State Park is another popular attraction.
Sebring's climate is a humid subtropical climate, with hot, humid summers and cool, dry winters. Unlike most places with a similar climate classification, Sebring's rainfall is clearly seasonal, with approximately 57 percent of the total rainfall occurring in the June–September summer period.
U.S. Hwy 27 is the city's main road. Sebring is also home to a small regional airport.
- AMTRAK offers daily train service on the Silver Star and Silver Meteor routes.
- Highlands Little Theater.
- Highlands Hammock State Park. Is one of Florida's oldest state parks that opened in 1931. There is a three-mile scenic loop road with nine hiking trails and a boardwalk that runs through a swamp. There are two campgrounds in the park, both a primitive as a family ground.
- Lake Istokpoga. A scenic lake located on US 98 southwest of Sebring. The access road can be found close to the bridge of Arbuckle Creek, and has a boat ramp and a wooden fishing pier that keeps fishers safe from the numerous alligators that live in this large and shallow lake. Large parts of the lake are covered by water plants. Airboat rides are offered nearby by Airboat Wildlife Adventures.
- The Circle, or downtown Sebring. Unlike most towns in America, Sebring has no main street but is built around a circle instead, that is part of "Scenic Highway" SR. 17. The center of town is a quiet place with small shops. Through the years, most businesses have moved to US 27 leaving downtown shops struggling for customers.
- Sebring International Raceway. A road course auto racing facility which hosts the 12 Hours of Sebring, a sports car racing series sanctioned by the American Le Mans Series (ALMS). Sebring Raceway is one of the oldest continuously-operating race tracks in the United States, with its first race held in 1950.
Sebring has a large number of restaurants, in large part because in the winter many retirees from the northern states and Canada reside in the area.
- Watering Hole, 6813 US Hwy 27 South, ☎ .
- Sebring Diner, 4040 US Hwy 27 South, ☎ . Home style American food served in a nice retro look diner. Unfortunately no longer open for dinner; breakfast and lunch only.
- 1 Hibachi Buffet, 2870 US Hwy 27 North (In Sebring Plaza, next to Havana Days Bakery), ☎ . All-you-can-eat Chinese, Sushi bar and Mongolian Grill.
- Thai House, 3750 US Highway 27 N., Suite 4D (In Fairmount Plaza), ☎ . Lunch and dinner. Small dining area, but has excellent Thai cuisine. Reasonable pricing.
- Mi Rancho Mexican Restaurant, 3750 US Highway 27 N, Suite 3C (In Fairmount Plaza), ☎ . Lunch and dinner. Started as a Chilean restaurant.
- [dead link] Don Jose Mexican Restaurant, 4731 Lakeview Dr., ☎ . Lunch and dinner. High-quality Mexican food.
- Twin Oaks Antiques & Tea Room, 246 N. Commerce Ave. (On Sebring's downtown circle), ☎ . 11 AM to 2:30 PM Tuesday thru Sat. Antique shop that serves food, coffee and tea.
- Chicanes Restaurant & Bar, 3100 Golfview Rd. (Located in Inn on the Lakes hotel), ☎ . Lunch and dinner. Serves liquor and meals. Upscale.
- [dead link] Cang Tong Chinese Restaurant, 110 Sebring Square (East of US 27 near Walmart), ☎ . Lunch and dinner Tues thru Sun. Chinese, Japanese, sushi.
- Island View Restaurant, 5223 Sun N' Lake Blvd., ☎ . Lunch and dinner seven days a week. This restaurant was demolished and rebuilt to be bigger and more modern. Many special events, including weddings and wedding receptions, are conducted here.
- Dee's Place, 138 N. Ridgewood Dr., ☎ . 5 AM to 2 PM Mon-Fri and 5 AM to 1 PM Sat. Inexpensive.
- 2 Havana Days Bakery (Havana Days Cuban Bakery), 2912 US 27 N, Sebring, FL 33870 (In Sebring Plaza, between Subway and Hibachi Buffet), ☎ . 11 AM-12 midnight seven days a week. This authentic Cuban bakery offers meals, pastries, cakes, soft drinks, smoothies and shakes. There is seating for about fifty and many orders are to go. This bakery offers catering and various linen rentals (table clothes, napkins, coverings, etc.). Havana Days won the News-Sun Readers' Choice Award in 2015 for best Cuban cuisine restaurant in the county. Inexpensive.
- 3 Caddyshack Bar & Grill, 3122 Golfview Rd. (S. of Inn on the Lakes and on the north edge of Sebring Golf Club), ☎ . M-Sat 10 AM-10 PM; closed Sun. Serves large variety of food of very good quality.
- 4 La Hacienda, 825 N. Ridgewood Dr. (two blocks north of Sebring Parkway), ☎ . 7AM-9PM M-Sun. Mexican style food. Beer and wine available.
- Blue Lagoon Saloon, 4120 US Highway 27 North, ☎ . Also serves good food.