Shiding is a rural district with a very small population (about 7,000). It is the site of the Fetsui Reservoir, which provides much of the water to the cities in the northern part of Taiwan island.
The district is accessible by bus from Jingmei Station of Taipei Metro.
- 1 Shiding Old Street (石碇老街), ☏ . 08:00-17:00. An old shopping street elevated above a river.
- 2 Guniang Temple (石碇姑娘廟), ☏ . 08:00-20:00.
- 3 Temple of the God of Chance (石碇元寶山仙石府), No. 352, Section 1, Jing'an Rd, ☏ .
- 4 Jishun Temple (集順廟), No. 9, Shiding West Street, ☏ .
Parks and natureEdit
Arts and cultureEdit
- Huangdidian (皇帝殿 Huángdì Diàn). A hiking trail on a ridge with ropes and ladders.