Sinaloa is a state in Northern Mexico.
- 1 Culiacán - capital of Sinaloa, and major agricultural hub
- 2 Cosalá - a charming town named a "Pueblo Mágico" by Mexico's Secretariat of Tourism (SECTUR)
- 3 El Fuerte - a colonial gem, named a "Pueblo Mágico" by Mexico's Secretariat of Tourism
- 4 Guasave - the agricultural heart of Mexico
- 5 Los Mochis - "the entrance" to the Copper Canyon
- 6 Mazatlán - a Beach resort
- 7 Topolobampo - port town of Los Mochis, surrounded by bays and mangroves
Sinaloa is rather like the country of Chile in that it is a long narrow strip of land with ocean on its west and mountains in the east. As a result there are a lot of overlooked beaches and mountain playgrounds for those willing to get off the beaten path and explore a bit.
- The Islands and Protected Areas of the Gulf of California — a UNESCO World Heritage site, shared with three other Mexican states
Sinaloa has the highest murder rate of any state in Mexico, so be cautious (especially in the northern region).