The town would probably be of little note if it weren't for the Auto&Technik Museum, which houses two of the few surviving passenger supersonic planes, and TSG Hoffenheim, a soccer club that mostly rose to the top in the 21st century on the strength of sponsorship money. Sinsheim is also birth place of '48er and American Civil War major general (for the Union) Franz Sigel, the highest ranking German American during the conflict.
Sinsheim is about an hour by car south of Frankfurt. Take exit 33 or 34 from the A6 Autobahn.
- 1 Sinsheim (Elsenz) Hauptbahnhof. The main station of Sinsheim but not the only one, it sees regional train service
Sinsheim is part of the Verkehrsverbund Rhein Neckar who run buses and trains and set schedules and prices.
- 1 Auto & Technik Museum (Signposted from exits 33 or 34 on the A6 Autobahn. By public transport, Sinsheim Museum/Arena station is adjacent.). open daily. Has interesting displays of many vintage and historic cars, motorcycles, other machinery, and an extensive collection of aircraft, including a Russian Tu 144 and Anglo-French Concorde.
- 2 Stadt- und Freiheitsmuseum Sinsheim (City and freedom museum) (In the old city hall), ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. W and Su 14:00-17:00. The exposition focuses on the 19th century with revolutionary Friedrich Hecker and the emigration from the area during that time particular focuses adult 1.50 €, child 0.50 €.
- 3 Museumshof Lerchennest (Friedrich-der-Große-Museum), Lerchenneststraße 18, 74889 Sinsheim-Steinsfurt, ☏ (Mr. Appenzeller), (Mr. Hecker). Su and public holidays 14:00 - 16:30 Uhr. The building is an old timber-frame construction which saw Frederick II of Prussia being stopped on his flight from his father, hence him being "preserved for the fatherland"
- 4 Erlebnismuseum Fördertechnik, Untere Au 4, ☏ .
- 5 Steinsberg Castle. First mentioned in 1109
- Watch football (ie soccer) at 1 TSG Hoffenheim. They play in Bundesliga, the top tier of German football. Their home ground is the "Wirsol" or Rhein-Neckar-Arena, capacity 30,000. It's 1 km southeast of town centre with its own S-bahn station.
- 1 Hotel Klostermühle, Hauptstr. 150, 74889 Sinsheim (near Kreiskrankenhaus, towards Rohrbach), ☏ .
- 2 Hotel Sinsheim, In der Au 25 (near Rhein-Neckar-Arena an Auto-Technik-Museum), ☏ , fax: . single 87 €, double 102 €, Suite 162 €, including breakfast.
- 3 Hotel Bär, Hauptstraße 131, 74889 Sinsheim (Innenstadt), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. single 80-110€, double 99-130 €.
- 4 Hotel zum Prinzen, Hauptstraße 22, 74889 Sinsheim, ☏ .
- 5 Wincent Hotel Sinsheim, Augrund 2, 74889 Sinsheim-Dühren (close to the Autobahn exit in Dühren), ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. single from 50 €, double from 70 €.
- 6 Hotel Zehntscheune, Mettengasse 55, 74889 Sinsheim-Hilsbach, ☏ , fax: . single 55 - 65 €, double 85 - 90 €.