- San Martin Cathedral
- Archaeological Park
- El Templo del Sol (Sun Temple)
- La Pilita de la Unión
- La Casona de Pie de Cuesta (Big house)
- Sacred Fountain of Conchuda
- El Oratorio (Chapel)
- El Arco De Monquirá (Arch)
- Hill and Chapel of Santa Barbara
- Museo arqueologico de Sogamoso Eliécer Silva Célis, Calle 9a No 6-45, ☏ . Tu-Sa 9AM to noon and 2PM to 5PM, Su and holidays 9AM to 3PM. Inside displays archeological findings of the Chibcha civilization, don't miss the mummies. Outside is a reconstruction of an Indian village containing several houses as well as the impressive 2 stories Templo del Sol. Adult COP$3,500, student COP$3,000.
- Agama yoga, Finca San Pedro, 2 km via Aquitania, ☏ . Run by Juan who's been trained for more than 7 years around the world, this is South America's first and only Agama Yoga School. He gives Spanish and English weekend Yoga workshops of introduction to Yoga in Colombia and he hopes later to bring these teachings to other Spanish-speaking areas and communities. COP$30,000 per class.
- Marques de Puntalarga Winery, km 7 autopista Duitama Nobsa (Look up for country flags up the hill, the entrance is not well marked), ☏ , , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Located at the altitude of 2600 m in a sunny valley between Duitama and Nobsa, this is South America´s highest commercial winery. It specialises in white wine and its Reisling has won international awards, including a 2nd prize in Strasbourg. Bottles are sold starting at 40,000 COP.
- Thermal Pools in Iza
- Don't miss:
Lago de Tota and surrounding villages- Colombia's highest and largest natural lake, at an altitude of 3015m, is easily reached from Sogamoso by bus and is a must see. Dotted around the spectacular lake are towns including Aquitania, which is famous for its trout. Visit Restaurant Don Lucho, to the right of the Cathedral, to try fresh rainbow trout and regional drink 'Refajo' which is a mix of beer, apple soda and malt. Other towns include Tota and Cuitiva. This beautiful circuit around the lake is an achievable day trip by bus from Sogamoso with some spectacular scenery.
The lake also boasts a beautiful white sand beach 'Playa Blanca', located between Aquitania and Tota. There is a restaurant and BBQs here and remember to check returning bus times.
Thermal pools- Located in Iza, these thermal pools and sauna offer an opportunity to relax and unwind. Choose between multiple pools for varying temperatures. Entry cost is COP$9500 for the day and less if you are staying at Finca San Pedro. You will need to take a short taxi from Iza to reach the pools.
Other towns- An easy bus ride from Sogamoso are numerous colonial towns well worth exploring. Visit the white washed Tibasosa with its beautiful plaza and home of the fruit 'Feijoa', which cafes serve in juice, sweets, ice cream and alcohol. Beautiful Mongui is located high amongst mountains. The catedral and adjoining monastery here is magnificent. Obviously there is Iza with its thermal pools and famous sweets, especially popular on a Sunday afternoon around the central plaza. You can also find great bread at Firavitoba, and a wide sample of ‘ruanas’ (traditional ‘poncho’) and many wool handicrafts at Nobsa.
- Refajo: a mix of beer, apple soda and malt.
- [dead link] Hostel Finca San Pedro, ☏ , , , . This newly opened family-run posada is on a 2-hectare farm on the edge of Sogamoso. There is a fully self-contained cottage, it's best to email the Finca for prices and availability. All of these prices include breakfast with coffee, aromatic tea, toast and fruit. Also included is free internet and WiFi, hot water, laundry service, a safe and a personal sauna. Services including massage, aromatherapy, music and fire therapy's are also available. Best to email prior to arrival to ensure availability. Once in Sogamoso, a taxi from the bus terminal will cost around COP$3,500. Otherwise, the local bus heading to Aquitania runs straight past the finca, keep a look out for the finca's yellow archway. Dorm bed COP$25,000, Double COP$50,000, Camping COP$10,000.
- Hotel Cristal, +57 314 2383426, bei Cl. 13 #14-2 a 14-58, Sogamoso. Family run hotel nicely located between bus terminal and city centre. The building and interior are so old, that it is already great again. Nice and clean though. Very friendly and helpful staff. Double with private bathroom COP$45,000-65,000 COP (Aug 2017) (they welcome direct bookings).
- Tibasosa: Famous as the world capital of the feijoa fruit. Well conserved main plaza surrounded by shops selling feijoa derived products : sweets, ice cream, liquor, arequipe... (Bus COP$1,000)
- Monguí : Beautiful colonial village set in the hills that celebrated its 400 years in 2001. Access to the Páramo de Ocetá. (Bus COP$4,000)