Southwestern Alaska is a region in Alaska, including the Aleutian Islands and the mainland which forms the "chin" of Alaska.
- Alagnak Wild River - Meandering west towards Bristol Bay and the Bering Sea, the Alagnak traverses the beautiful Alaska Peninsula, providing an unparalleled opportunity to experience the unique wilderness, wildlife, and cultural heritage of southwest Alaska
- Aleutian World War II National Historic Area - concrete remains of the Aleutian World War II National Historic Area speak silently of a time of war
- 1 Aniakchak National Monument and Preserve - vibrant reminder of Alaska's location in the volcanically active Ring of Fire
- 2 Katmai National Park - created to preserve the famed Valley of Ten Thousand Smokes, a spectacular 40 sq mi (100 km2), 100- to 700-foot-deep ash flow deposited by Novarupta Volcano
- 3 Lake Clark National Park and Preserve - spectacular scenery providing a true wilderness experience
The Alaska Marine Highway is an option
Ravn Alaska suspended flights in Apr 2020 due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- Adak (ADK); Scheduled passenger service is subsidized by the Essential Air Service (EAS) program. Alaska Airlines operates two flights weekly, on Wednesdays and Saturdays, using Boeing 737-700 and 737-800 jet aircraft.
- Aniak (ANI): There are no flights as of Apr 2030.
- Bethel (BET): There are flights to Anchorage and King Salmon with Alaska Airlines. Grant Aviation also operates to other communities in Alaska.
- Dillingham Airport (DLG IATA): Alaska Airlines operates seasonal flights from Anchorage. Grant Aviation operates from small communities throughout Alaska.
- Dutch Harbour/Unalaska (DUT): Ravn Alaska operates flights to Anchorage. Grant Aviation serves Unalaska with other communities around the Aleutian Islands.
- King Salmon Airport (AKN): Served by Alaska Airlines with seasonal flights to Anchorage. Grant Aviation serves to other communities in Alaska.
- Kodiak Benny Benson State Airport (ADQ IATA): Served by Alaska Airlines and Ravn Alaska with flights to Anchorage. It is also served by local airlines.
- St. Mary's (KSM): Ravn Alaska operates flights to Anchorage and Bethel and other nearby Alaskan communities.
This area is great for viewing wildlife, rafting, camping, hiking & flightseeing.