Stevens Point is located at the crossroads of Interstate 39 and US Route 10. It is about a 90 minute drive north of Madison on I-39, about 25 minutes south of Wausau on I-39, and about an hour west of Appleton on US 10. From larger cities, it is about a three and a half hour drive from the edges of either Minneapolis or Chicago in optimal driving conditions.
A walk along the Wisconsin River is a must especially in the fall when the leaves are in full color. The historic downtown area near the river is also quite enjoyable, filled with shops and local eateries.
- 1 UWSP Museum of Natural History, 900 Reserve St, ☏ . The Museum of Natural History is an integral educational entity within the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point concerned with diversity and relationships in nature and among cultures. This professionally maintained academic resource provides an opportunity for greater public understanding and appreciation for the world in which one lives through exhibitions, education, research and public service. The Museum of Natural History is a program affiliated with the UWSP College of Letters & Science and is open when school is in session at which time the public is welcome to walk through to visit the exhibits. Free.
- 2 Schmeeckle Reserve, 2419 North Point Dr, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Trails: Sunrise-sunset. Visitor center: Daily, 8AM- 5PM. Free.
- 1 Stevens Point Brewery, 2617 Water St, ☏ , toll-free: . Sep-May: M-F 1PM and Sa 11AM, noon, 1PM, 2PM, 3PM; Jun-Aug: M-Sa 11AM, noon, 1PM, 2PM, 3PM and Su noon, 1PM, 2PM. This brewery has been in constant operation since 1857. The tour is interesting and informative. There is a charge for the tour but at the end you will more than make up for it in the tasting room. They serve any of their locally produced beers or sodas at your request. In addition, the gift shop has a wide selection of items. $5 ages 12+, $3 ages 5-11, free for kids under 5.
- The World's Largest Trivia Contest, Citywide. Every April, the University of Wisconsin - Stevens Point's campus radio station, WWSP (89.9 FM) holds a 54-hour long trivia contest that is the largest in the World. Each year approximately 400 teams and 12,000 players answer questions about anything and everything and compete for the Point Cup. Another trivia contest is held in October in which no outside sources (books, internet, etc) are allowed.
- 1 Habibi's Gyros and Kebab House, 1157 Main St, ☏ . M-Th 11AM-9PM, F-Sa 11AM-3AM. Really good atmosphere and food, features traditional floor seating. $7-10 for entree.
- 2 Polito's Pizza, 960 Main St, ☏ . M-W 11AM-10PM, Th-Sa 11AM-3PM, Su 11AM-8PM. Polito's is a local favorite known for its classic pizza flavors, as well as new innovative styles (such as a Mac-n-Cheese Pizza). The food is cheap but there isn't that much seating. This isn't usually a problem unless it's very busy.
|Routes through Stevens Point|
|to Hurley ← Wausau ←||N S||→ Coloma → Madison|
|Saint Paul ← Neillsville ←||W E||→ Waupaca → Appleton|
|Black River Falls ← Wisconsin Rapids ←||W E||→ Waupaca → Green Bay|