Suwałki is a town with population of 70 000 inhabitants in Podlachia, Poland lying next to Czarna Hańcza river and close to the borders with Lithuania, Belarus and the Russian enclave of Kaliningrad. The town is situated in the very northeast corner of Poland.
Suwałki is known for having the lowest average temperature in Poland, it's sometimes called "the Polish pole of cold", but the climate is not really different than in other parts of the country.
PKP timetable. There is one train per day from Warsaw, four from Białystok. The 1 Suwałki Train Station was built in 1896 and is, however small, an industrial monument on its own. The station is located northeast of the city centre.
The 2 Suwałki Bus Station is located quite centrally in the city. There are bus connections from Vilnius in Lithuania, Riga in Latvia, Tallinn in Estonia, and large Polish cities such as Warsaw, Białystok and Olsztyn.
- PKS w Suwałkach SA
- Eurolines, Ecolines and FlixBus stop in Suwałki on their routes to the Baltic States.
Centre is manageable on foot. There is public communication (around 15 bus lines) and taxis.
- Classicist architecture of Kościuszko street 
- Complex of cemeteries of four faiths (Jewish was destroyed by Nazis but there are some remains - a wall made of broken matzevas)
- Regional Museum  [dead link], ul. Kościuszki 81
- Modern Art Centre , ul. Kościuszki 45
- Maria Konopnicka Museum, ul. Kościuszki 31
- Aquapark, =Ul. Jana Pawła II 7.
- Artificial lake Arkadia. Used as a recreational area in summer, there's a guarded beach, boat rent, bar etc. You can also go fishing in the lake.
- 3D Cinema Lumiere, Ul. Dwernickiego 15 (in the mall).
- Suwałki Blues Festival. July
- ulica Chłodna pedestrian zone
- Suwałki Plaza, Mall, ul. Józefa Dwernickiego 15.
- Wigry and its former Camaldolese Priory
- Augustów and its 19th century Canal that was part of connection between Baltic and Black seas (listed on tentative UNESCO World Heritage List)
- Stańczyki Viaducts - unused viaducts from between the wars, one of the highest in Poland. Shapes inspired by aqueducts of Le Pont du Gard. 30 km north-west from Suwałki.