Świnoujście is a port town and seaside spa on the western Baltic coast of Poland, near the German border. It is situated at the north coast of the islands Wolin and Usedom (Uznam) at a wide sandy beach. It is known historically by its German name, Swinemünde. It is directly bordering the German Ostseebad Heringsdorf.
Get in edit
By plane edit
Another option may be to fly to Berlin and take a transfer to Szczecin from there. From Szczecin there are a lot of connections to Świnoujście.
By car edit
By train edit
The 1 Station is located on the right side of the river. Polish national railway company PKP operates to Świnoujście totally 7 long-distance trains and many regional trains. For example, the train ride from regional capital Szczecin takes 1h30min-1h45min.
- Przemyśl - Kraków - Katowice - Poznań - Szczecin - Świnoujście), Barnim (Katowice - Wrocław - Poznań - Szczecin - Świnoujście), Światowid (Katowice - Wrocław - Zielona Góra - Szczecin - Świnoujście), Matejko (Przemyśl - Kraków - Czestochowa - Wrocław - Zielona Góra - Szczecin - Świnoujście) and Latarnik (Warsaw - Poznań - Szczecin - Świnoujście). PKP operates to Świnoujście 5 InterCity trains: Przemyślanin (
- Kraków - Katowice - Wrocław - Zielona Góra - Szczecin - Świnoujście) and Uznam (Warsaw - Poznań - Szczecin - Świnoujście). PKP operates to Świnoujście 2 Tanie Linie Kolejowe trains: Wolin (
- PKP operates from Szczecin to Świnoujście 8 regional trains, 4 of them start in Poznań.
- UBB operates to Świnoujście Centrum 28 RegioBahn trains on line RB23 (Stralsund - Greifswald - Züssow - Wolgast - Zinnowitz - Heringsdorf - Świnoujście).
By bus edit
The 3 Świnoujście bus station is located right next to the train station.
By boat and ferry edit
- 4 International Ferry Terminal
From a ferry crossing Świnoujście Warszów (“Bielik” ferries only for inhabitants) may use passenger cars and lorries with maximum weight up to 2.2 tons. In hours from 4:00 to 22:00 may use only vehicles having letters beginning with ZSW on licence plates or ID stickers on front windows. On weekdays from 22:00 to 4:00 and on weekends i.e. Friday from 17:00 to 4:00 Monday may use all passenger cars and lorries with maximum weight up to 2.2 tons.
Get around edit
- 1 Beach. The beach here in Świnoujście is the widest of the whole Polish Baltic sea coast.
There are several lively clubs and bars in Świnoujście that provide a bustling nightlife, especially during the summer season. Jazz Bars, rock clubs, pubs are all there - not to mention the lively seaside promenade. Right on the beach, there are several beach bars and a dance club.
Bars in Świnoujście:
- Akwarium, Mazowiecka 77A
- Boss Pub, Wybrzeże Władysława IV 22
- Cech Pub & Pizzeria[dead link], Bohaterów Września 4
- Hoangson Bar, Konstytucji 3 Maja 4
- Osada, Wybrzeże Władysława IV 30
- Pasztecik Bar, Generała Józefa Bema 13
- Promway Bar, Wybrzeże Władysława IV 3
- Royal Joker Billard Club & Drink Bar, Uzdrowiskowa 11
- Sfinks Pub, Wojska Polskiego 1/19
Clubs/discos in Swinoujscie:
- Piwnica Bar, Mazowiecka 72b
- 1 Youth Hostel (Szkolne Schronisko w Świnoujściu), Gdyńska 26, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Mainly a school hostel but they accept tourists as well. There is a 20% discount for IYHF card-holders during the first three nights of their stay. 26-110 zł depending on room size.
- 2 Camping nr 44 "Relax", Juliusza Słowackiego 1, ☏ , email@example.com. Inexpensive campground one block from the main promenade.
- 3 Hotel Cesarskie Ogrody, Stanisława Wyspiańskiego 34, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Comfortable hotel in a beautifully restored building. There are spa and wellness facilities.
- 4 Villa Herkules, Juliusza Słowackiego 29, ☏ . Quality hotel located in proximity of the beach.
Go next edit
On the island Wolin:
- Wolin National Park
- Game reserve of wisents
- Sea resort Międzyzdroje with the Kawcza Góra hill and 93 meter high cliff of Gosań nearby
- Sea resort Dziwnów
- Ancient town of Wolin (town)
On the mainland:
- Pommeranian metropol Szczecin
- Sea resort and medieval town of Kamień Pomorski
- Sea resort and medieval town of Kołobrzeg
- Gothic church ruins at Trzęsacz
- Medieval town of Stargard Szczeciński with an over hundred meter high cathedral