Syracuse is a small city in Northern Indiana. At the northern shore of Lake Wawasee, Indiana's largest lake. Syracuse is also the nearest municipality for visitors and summer residents to Wawasee for grocery and drug stores, automobile repair, banking, and bars or taverns. The population is 2810 as of the 2010 census.
Fort Wayne International Airport is the nearest large airport. It is roughly a one hour drive north-northwest from the city of Ft. Wayne.
- U.S. 33 makes Syracuse accessible from both Fort Wayne and South Bend by car from the southeast and northeast via county roads.
- Indiana State Road 13 runs north-south through Syracuse. It can be accessed from U.S. 30 running out of Fort Wayne to the south at the town of Pierceton or from US Route 6 to the north accessed by County Road 29.
- U.S. 6 makes Syracuse accessible from Chicago running from the Illinois-Indiana state line as Interstate 80/90 to the Indiana-Ohio state line.
- 1 Lake Wawasee.
- Syracuse Lake
Fast food establishments are well represented and include Dairy Queen, Burger King, McDonald's, Pizza Hut, Subway, Taco Bell and Kentucky Fried Chicken. Local fast food options include:
- Anchor Bar, 101 W. Main St, ☏ .
- Pat's Hot Dogs, 601 S. Huntington, ☏ .
- Penguin Point, 200 S. Huntington, ☏ .
- Pizza King, 719 S. Huntington, ☏ .
- Shopoffs Drive-In alt=, 417 S. Huntington, ☏ .
- China Star, 734 S. Huntington, ☏ .
- The Sleepy Owl, 11374 State Road 13, ☏ .
- Syracuse Cafe, 201 S. Huntington, ☏ .
- Wawasee Cafe, 615 S. Huntington, ☏ .
- Frog Tavern, 1116 S. Harkless, ☏ .
- Down Under, 801 N. Huntington, ☏ . (WI-FI hotspot)
- Cool Beans Expressos, 109 N. Huntington.