Syracuse is a small city in Northern Indiana. At the northern shore of Lake Wawasee, Indiana's largest lake. Syracuse is also the nearest municipality for visitors and summer residents to Wawasee for grocery and drug stores, automobile repair, banking, and bars or taverns. The population is 2810 as of the 2010 census.
Get in edit
By plane edit
Fort Wayne International Airport is the nearest large airport. It is roughly a one hour drive north-northwest from the city of Ft. Wayne.
By car edit
- U.S. 33 makes Syracuse accessible from both Fort Wayne and South Bend by car from the southeast and northeast via county roads.
- Indiana State Road 13 runs north-south through Syracuse. It can be accessed from U.S. 30 running out of Fort Wayne to the south at the town of Pierceton or from US Route 6 to the north accessed by County Road 29.
- U.S. 6 makes Syracuse accessible from Chicago running from the Illinois-Indiana state line as Interstate 80/90 to the Indiana-Ohio state line.
By train edit
Get around edit
- 1 Black Pine Animal Park, 1426 W. 300 N. Albion Rd, Albion, ☏ . By appointment May-Oct Th F 10AM, noon, 2PM; Sa Su 10AM, noon. Black Pine is an animal sanctuary that takes in rescued and retired animals. It's a simple, authentic sanctuary that is raw and real. Their tours offer a chance for you to touch, experience, and observe these animals up close and personal. Big cats, primates, bears, camels, birds, snakes and more. It's quite a nice experience, local and friendly, and the animals are well kept and maintained! Age 1-4 $10, age 5-17 $12.50, adult 18-61 $17.50, senior 62+ $15.50.
- 1 Lake Wawasee.
- Syracuse Lake
Fast food establishments are well represented and include Dairy Queen, Burger King, McDonald's, Pizza Hut, Subway, Taco Bell and Kentucky Fried Chicken. Local fast food options include:
- Pat's Chicago Dogs, 601 S. Huntington, ☏ .
- Penguin Point, 200 S. Huntington, ☏ .
- Pizza King, 719 S. Huntington, ☏ .
- China Star, 734 S. Huntington, ☏ .
- The Sleepy Owl, 11374 State Road 13, ☏ .
- 1 Syracuse Cafe, 201 S. Huntington, ☏ .
- Frog Tavern, 1116 S. Harkless, ☏ .
- Down Under, 801 N. Huntington, ☏ . (WI-FI hotspot)