Taba Heights is a town on the Sinai Peninsula, Egypt. A purpose-built resort nestling between mountains and the sea with 5 large hotels, diving & water sports centre and a golf course. There is also a residential complex for employees and regular visitors who own homes. There is a small promenade of shops providing local crafts in the Uptown area along with cafes and restaurants. From the beach you can see Israel to the left and Jordan and Saudi Arabia on the opposite shore of the Gulf of Aqaba.
Located 30 km from Taba International Airport, Taba Heights is a 40-minute drive from Taba International Airport and a short flight from Europe’s major capitals. Tourists can also reach Taba Heights from Sharm el-Sheikh International Airport, 200 km away.
As EgyptAir does not fly to Taba, Taba Heights can be accessed from Cairo via the Sinai Peninsula. This is approximately a six-hour journey by private car or public bus.
A bus travels once a week from Dahab to Taba.
Home to an international marina, Taba Heights is recognised as a legal port of entry to Egypt. Visitors who wish to cruise directly to Taba Heights by private yacht or charter vessel can do so from Aqaba, Jordan.
Taba Heights operates a complimentary Taf Taf bus service throughout the day which will run until the early hours of the morning. These regular free buses are an easy and reliable means to move around the resort. The Taf Taf bus stops are located at all Taba Heights hotels, Waterworld, Taba Heights Golf Resort and the Uptown shopping area.
Private hire limousines are also available.
The resort incorporates many leisure amenities including a host of luxury hotels, soothing spas, a renowned professional golf course and a marina. There are also adventurous activities such as diving and quad safaris for guests to enjoy.
Its enviable location overlooking four countries – Egypt, Jordan, Israel and Saudi Arabia - gives visitors the option to be standing before the Great Pyramid at Giza, the haunting canyon Treasury of Petra, or the solemn Dome of the Rock in Jerusalem in a matter of hours.
Distances of Sinai attractions from Taba Heights by road: Coloured Canyon 70 km (hike through canyon); Mount Sinai 210 km (Moses trail and home to inhabited monastery and the burning bush - a long hike but great sunrise view); and Sharm el Sheikh 225 km (Ras Mohammed National Park).
Unmatched by any other course in the region, the professional golf course offers serious and novice golfers the opportunity to tee off under a crop of desert mountains overlooking an incredible expanse of blue water with a view of three countries. Thanks to the year round sunshine, Taba Heights Golf Resort is open every day of the calendar year.
Taba Heights hosts a number of notable tournaments including the International Pro-Am, and the course has officially been ranked amongst the top 100 golf courses worldwide. The prestigious 18-hole championship golf course has been designed to ensure it meets both American and European architectural standards and offers an impressive 7100 yards between the 1st and 18th hole, with rolling elevations ranging from 4m-70m above sea level. Golf can be played with or without a coach.
The total course area spans the central section of resort's to link with the different hotels and beachfront. Each hole has five sets of tees and three holes offering golfers to chance to play alongside the Red Sea waters.
Water-sports and diving:
Waterworld is a five-star water-sports and diving centre located within the resort and offers a full range of activities including scuba diving, sailing, windsurfing, wake-boarding, water skiing and para-sailing with or without training. The trainers are all internationally certified instructors to ensure all visitors receive the best instruction and care.
There are also dive boats and daily diving trips for visitors to enjoy, while other activities on offer at the centre includes snorkelling trips, banana boat rides, pedalos, canoes, semi submarine trips and a ride on the Glass Bottom Boat.
Smaller underwater life that is regularly seen includes sea horses, frog fish and sea moths. While whale sharks have been sighted in the summer months, this is not a regular event and cannot be guaranteed during your visit. Dolphins also often pass through in the summer.
Snorkelling off the jetties at the hotels is a highlight offering lots of small fish to see. A large sail boat offers trips to Pharoun Island for the more adventurous snorkelers.
Thrill seekers can book quad biking trips into the desert just outside of Taba Heights and wrestle the sand dunes.
In the Uptown shopping area visitors will find a wide range of locally produced crafts including rugs, paintings and silver, as well as the traditional Egyptian souvenirs in the local bazaars and fashion outlets.
There is also a supermarket and pharmacy here should guests need the facilities.
There are a number of restaurants located in the hotels but for guests wishing to eat out, there are restaurants available in the Uptown shopping area, some offering fabulous views over the golf course. Prices for alcoholic drinks are comparable to those in Europe.
There is a beach bar at Waterworld which will remain open while its guests are present. It serves reasonably priced food and drinks.
Dine Around Privilege: Taba Heights offers its guests the Dine Around Privilege, a special dining scheme that allows guests to sample a wide variety of cuisines at any of the many hotel restaurants throughout the resort, regardless of your hotel of residence. Simply make a reservation at the restaurant of your choice through your hotel reception.
- Bird Nest: Uptown. 7PM-10:30PM. Located on the Uptown terrace, the Bird Nest captures the flavours of aromatic Thai cuisine.
- El Fuego: Marriott. 1PM-11PM. The only Mexican cafe and bar in Taba Heights, serving authentic Mexican food and drinks.
- Flying Carpet: Uptown. 1PM-midnight. Oriental and continental dishes present an amazing mix of delicate flavors and generous portions.
- Chez Pascal: Uptown - El Wekala. 7:30PM-11PM. Enjoy international cuisine sitting alfresco and enjoying the atmosphere of the distinct uptown area and the gorgeous Red Sea views.
- Pub Tandoori: Uptown. noon-10:30PM. A traditional English pub serving Indian specialties with spectacular views over the resort, the golf course, the sea and the Jordanian mountains. Spice lovers will enjoy dishes cooked in a Tandoori oven and accompanied by authentic naan, curry and dahl. The pub is a friendly place to watch your favourite sport on a giant screen.
- L’Asiatic: Sofitel Hotel. 6:30PM-10:30PM. Enjoy mouth-watering Far Eastern cuisine, in this specialty restaurant that offers the latest in Teppanyaki trends.
- Tuscany: Marriott. 7PM-11PM. A fabulous fine dining option, guests can dine outside on the terrace overlooking the resort or sit inside in a perfectly air-conditioned setting.
- Grotto Bar & Grill: Marriott. 10AM-6PM. This unique setting offers traditional Middle-Eastern fare. Choose to dine outside and listen to the waterfall flowing from the roof of the cave or sit like a Bedouin on cushions.
- El Mar: InterContinental. Sa M Th 7PM-10:30PM. Located between the Intercontinental pool and the beach, this is the only fine dining a la carte restaurant in Taba Heights.
- Lagoon: InterContinental. noon-11PM. This Romantic colonial style restaurant is set on the salt lake and with magnificent views serves Oriental style hot and cold dishes. Enjoy the best BBQ in the destination every Wednesday and Sunday.
- Tanour: Hyatt. 12:30PM-11PM. Authentic Lebanese cuisine, offers diners spectacular views over the gardens, the sea and the mountains of the Kingdom of Jordan across the Gulf of Aqaba.
- Breeze: Hyatt. 12:30PM-11PM. A poolside idyll, surrounded by flowing water and flowers. An open-flame charcoal grill and show kitchen provides guests with snacks and grilled food while ice-cold fresh juices, cocktails and soft drinks come from the bar. In the evenings, Breeze offers an a la carte seafood menu in a romantic atmosphere.
- El Fresco: Hyatt. 11AM-10:30PM. Italian cuisine with an emphasis on home style Provencal cooking and presentation is served in a relaxing poolside setting. The menu also offers a variety of salads, pizza, pasta and ice cream.
There are also a number of restaurants and cafes serving Shisha spread throughout the resort.
A full range of local and imported alcoholic drinks is available.
Evening entertainment and themed nights are arranged by each hotel. In addition, the Uptown area has a variety of restaurants and bars, along with a shopping promenade.
There is a weekly street festival with free live entertainment in the Uptown area each Friday from March till November.
There are many 4- and 5-star hotels within the resort, with most rooms offering sea, mountain or golf course views. The extensive collection of hotels means that there are many accommodation options available, from Bed & Breakfast to all-inclusive packages, to cater for all visitors.
Each hotel offers a range of entertainment options, including Nubian Troupes, Bedouin experience, camel rides, kids' clubs and evening entertainment.
- Three Corners El Wekala, Taba Post Office 46621, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 4-star Belgian-owned hotel located at the rear of the complex (adjacent to the shopping area). A shuttle bus is required to get to private beach and watersports/diving centre.