place name of Ireland and Scotland
(Redirected from Tarbert (disambiguation))
There is more than one place called Tarbert. The name is also often confused with Tarbet:
- Tarbert (Harris) - A village on the island of Harris in the Outer Hebrides.
- Tarbert (Loch Fyne) - A village on Loch Fyne in Argyll and Bute.
- Tarbert (Jura) - A hamlet on the Isle of Jura in the Inner Hebrides in the council area of Argyll and Bute.
- Tarbet - A village on Loch Lomond in Argyll and Bute.
- Tarbet (Loch Nevis) - A house or two on the banks of Loch Nevis, near Mallaig.
- Tarbet (Sutherland) - A hamlet to the North of Scourie Bay Sutherland.
- Tarbert (Ireland) - A town in County Kerry.
Names have been chosen to reflect local usage, and to handle two Tarberts in the one region. The name Tarbert means a narrow crossing between two stretches of water, so it is common to refer to the Loch in the name.
|This article is a disambiguation page. If you arrived here by following a link from another page you can help by correcting it, so that it points to the appropriate disambiguated page.|