Tartous (Arabic:طرطوس), an ancient city on the Mediterranean coast of Syria, is the second largest port in Syria after Latakia and had a population of 115,769 in the 2004 census before the current civil war.
As of 2017, rail services is limited to twice daily trains from Latakia, all long distance trains are cancelled indefinitely. The national operator CFS provides timetables at their webpage. 1 Tartous railway station is centrally located.
- 1 Arwad (أرواد). The only inhabited island in Syria which has been settled since at least the 2nd millennium BC.
Go by boat to Arwad Island.
Tabole Fatoush Hot Fish + Syadiah
- 1 Holiday Beach Resort, ☏ . A major resort located a few kilometers north the city that remains open despite the ongoing civil war.
- Menchie (Raffoul), Place Menchie, ☏ . Check-out: 11:00. Low Budget hotel. Hotel is close to bus station. Next to Tartus museum. Owner is a nice man, he has also shop in the same building. Rooms are clean.
- The Republic Hotel. Budget hotel. Rooms are dirty and stink. Staff (owner) doesn't speak English.
- Daniel Hotel. Nice hotel, with clean rooms and bathrooms.
- Greece, Al Wahdeh Street, P.O. Box 4011, ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com.