With a population of around 32,000, having expanded quickly after World War II, and it is a local resort town known for its beaches and old fortifications. The beaches have pure waters. Very few non-Italians stay in this area; most tourists to Molise come from Naples and Apulia, to the south of Molise. The seaside promenade features palm trees, and in the summer the many restaurants are crowded.
The nearest airports are in Pescara, Naples, and Rome. To arrive in Termoli from one of these airports it is necessary to drive a car, take the train, etc. From Rome by car, the drive will take about 3-4 hours.
- Aeroporto di Pescara (Aeroporto internazionale d'Abruzzo), Via Tiburtina Km 229,100, ☏ .
- 1 Naples International Airport (NAP IATA), Viale F. Ruffo di Calabria, 80144 Napoli NA, ☏ .
- 2 Leonardo da Vinci Fiumicino Airport (FCO IATA), Via dell' Aeroporto di Fiumicino, 320, ☏ . Rome's main airport is modern, large, rather efficient, and well connected to the center of the city by public transportation. However, late-night arrivals may limit you to an irregular bus into town unless you can afford a taxi.
- 3 Ciampino International Airport (CIA IATA), Via Appia Nuova, I-00040. Located to the southeast of the capital, this is the city's low-cost airline airport, serving Ryanair and Wizzair flights. This small airport is closer to the city center than Fiumicino but has no direct train connection.
- Highway Autostrada Adriatica A14 in the direction of Pescara, exit at Termoli and follow SS 87 (state street Bifernina).
- Highway Autostrada del Sole A1 Rome - Naples, exit at the tollbooth Caianello, follow signs for Isernia, for Campobasso, SS 17, got onto SS 650 (Fondovalle Trigno) in the direction of San Salvo, take the highway Autostrada Adriatica A14 in the direction of Bari, exit at Termoli and follow SS 87 (state street Bifernina) in the direction of Termoli.
- Highway Autostrada A24 Rome - L'Aquila, continue on highway autostrada A25 for Pescara, then take highway autostrada A14, exit at Termoli and follow SS 87 (state street Bifernina) in the direction of Termoli.
- From Campobasso take SS 87 (state street Bifernina), continue on SS 647, and then SS 87 (state street Bifernina) in the direction of Termoli.
There is a port directly in Termoli as well as in nearby Pescara.
- Port of Termoli (Porto di Termoli), Capitaneria di porto - Via Calata del Porto, ☏ , fax: . Connections to Isole Tremiti and Croatia.
- 4 Port of Pescara (Porto di Pescara).
- Autolinee C.L.P. S.p.A., ☏ , , ✉ email@example.com. Connections directly from Naples for Campomarino and Termoli
- Autolinee Lariviera.
- Autolinee S.A.T.I. S.p.A., Via Martiri della Resistenza (at the bus terminal), 86039 Termoli (CB), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Connections to villages near Campobasso, Isernia, and Termoli.
- Autolinee Molise Trasporti.
The city center of Termoli is very walkable and many of the beaches are less than a 10-minute walk away. If you want to travel around Molise the easiest way is to rent a car, although public transportation by bus or train is also possible.
Parking: white spaces are free of charge, blue spaces are pay, and yellow spaces are forbidden. It is important to pay attention to street signs indicating the times when parking is not permitted because the street will be cleaned.
The central bus terminal in Termoli has buses going to many towns around Termoli.
From the Port of Termoli (Porto di Termoli) the beautiful Isole Tremiti are about 1.5 hours away by boat. It is recommended to rent a small motorboat or canoe and explore the three islands at your leisure.
One may go to a free beach (spiaggia libera) with no amenities, or rent an umbrella, chair, etc., at the lido.
- Yo-Go!, Corso Nazionale, 7 86039 Termoli (CB), ☏ . €.
- Moriello 2.0 (2.0 S.N.C. di Tavani Costantina & C.), Corso Nazionale, 170 86039 Termoli (CB), ☏ . High-quality ingredients, prepared fresh. €€.
- Svevia, via Giudicato Vecchio, 24 86039 Termoli (CB), ☏ , , fax: , . €€.