With a population of around 32,000, having expanded quickly after World War II, and it is a local resort town known for its beaches and old fortifications. The beaches have pure waters. Very few non-Italians stay in this area; most tourists to Molise come from Naples and Apulia, to the south of Molise. The seaside promenade features palm trees, and in the summer the many restaurants are crowded.
The nearest airports are in Pescara, Naples, and Rome. To arrive in Termoli from one of these airports it is necessary to drive a car, take the train, etc. From Rome by car, the drive will take about 3-4 hours.
- Highway Autostrada Adriatica A14 in the direction of Pescara, exit at Termoli and follow SS 87 (state street Bifernina).
- Highway Autostrada del Sole A1 Rome - Naples, exit at the tollbooth Caianello, follow signs for Isernia, for Campobasso, SS 17, got onto SS 650 (Fondovalle Trigno) in the direction of San Salvo, take the highway Autostrada Adriatica A14 in the direction of Bari, exit at Termoli and follow SS 87 (state street Bifernina) in the direction of Termoli.
- Highway Autostrada A24 Rome - L'Aquila, continue on highway autostrada A25 for Pescara, then take highway autostrada A14, exit at Termoli and follow SS 87 (state street Bifernina) in the direction of Termoli.
- From Campobasso take SS 87 (state street Bifernina), continue on SS 647, and then SS 87 (state street Bifernina) in the direction of Termoli.
There is a port directly in Termoli as well as in nearby Pescara.
- Port of Termoli (Porto di Termoli), Via Calata del Porto, ☏ , fax: . Connections to Isole Tremiti and Croatia.
- 1 Port of Pescara (Porto di Pescara).
- Autolinee C.L.P. S.p.A., ☏ , , ✉ email@example.com. Connections directly from Naples for Campomarino and Termoli
- Autolinee Lariviera.
- Autolinee S.A.T.I. S.p.A., Via Martiri della Resistenza (at the bus terminal), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Connections to villages near Campobasso, Isernia, and Termoli.
- Autolinee Molise Trasporti.
The city center of Termoli is very walkable and many of the beaches are less than a 10-minute walk away. If you want to travel around Molise the easiest way is to rent a car, although public transportation by bus or train is also possible.
Parking: white spaces are free of charge, blue spaces are pay, and yellow spaces are forbidden. Pay attention to street signs indicating the times when the street will be cleaned and parking is not permitted.
The central bus terminal in Termoli has buses going to many towns around Termoli.
From the Port of Termoli (Porto di Termoli) the beautiful Isole Tremiti are about 1.5 hours away by boat. It is recommended to rent a small motorboat or canoe and explore the three islands at your leisure.
One may go to a free beach (spiaggia libera) with no amenities, or rent an umbrella, chair, etc., at the lido.
- Yo-Go!, Corso Nazionale, 7, ☏ . €.
- 1 Da Nicolino, Via Roma 13, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. The special dish of the restaurant is brodetto alla termolese. It is made with many types of fish, such as cuttlefish, mullet, mussels and others, depending on the period and the available fish.
- Moriello 2.0 (2.0 S.N.C. di Tavani Costantina & C.), Corso Nazionale, ☏ . High-quality ingredients, prepared fresh. €€.
- Svevia, Via Giudicato Vecchio, ☏ , , fax: , . €€.