Terrebonne is on the north shores of the Rivière des Mille-Îles and of the Rivière des Prairies, north of Montreal and Laval. The city is divided in three sectors – Lachenaie, La Plaine and Terrebonne; these sectors were separate cities, but were merged as "Terrebonne" on August 22, 2001.
Autoroute 25 runs through the east end of Montreal north to Terrebonne – about 25 minutes.
By public transitEdit
- Take Metro Line 2 to Montmorency, then Exo bus #19 (every 20 min) to 25/Ile St-Jean – about 45 minutes.
- Take Metro Line 1 to Radisson, then Exo bus #30 (hourly) to Terrebonne terminus – about 1 hour.
Public transit is provided by Exo through the Terminus Terrebonne at 4800, chemin Côte-Terrebonne.
- 1 Île-des-Moulins (intersection of Boulevard des Braves & Rue Saint-Pierre), ☏ . Classified as a historic site of national interest by the Government of Quebec. The pre-industrial complex of the Île-des-moulins was amongst the most important ones in the province of Quebec during the 19th century. Five buildings remain. The fourth seigneur of Terrebonne, Abbot Louis Lepage, ordered the construction of the first flour mill in 1721 and the first saw mill around 1725. In 1803, the bakery was built and established in the village. The saw and flour mills were built in 1804 and 1846, respectively. Four years following the construction of the flour mill that still stands, the Moulin neuf (New Mill) was built in 1850. In addition, around the same time in 1850, the seigniory office was established.
- 2 Vieux-Terrebonne (Old Terrebonne) (in the Terrebonne central business district along the banks of Rivière des Mille-Îles).
- Saint-Louis-de-France Church (in Vieux Terrebonne, near the Île-des-Moulins). This Saint-Louis-de-France Church was built around the year 1878. If is the third since the foundation of the parish, and was equipped with a Casavant organ in 1946.
- Theatre du Vieux Terrebonne, 886, rue St-Pierre. +1 450-492-4777.
- Galeries de Terrebonne, 1185, Moody Boulevard. Shopping centre with Urban Planet, Sports Experts, Payless Shoes.
- Le Baluchon d'Or, 724 Rue Saint Pierre, ☏ . Th 11:30 - 21:00, F 11:30 - 13:30 and 17:00 - 21:00, Sa Su Tu W 17:00 - 21:00. Bring your own wine. Szechuan and Thai.
- Steakerie Sainte-Marie, 183 Rue Sainte Marie, ☏ . W-F 11:30-14:40 and daily 17:00-late. Barbecue, steaks, terrace.
- The Aparte Bistro Bar, 866 St-Pierre St, ☏ . W Th Su 17:00-21:00, F Sa 17:00-22:00. Mains $19-35.
- Restaurant Chez Fabien, 778 Rue St-Pierre, ☏ . Su M 11:00-21:30, Tu W 11:00-22:00, Th 11:00-23:00, F Sa 11:00-00:00,. Gourmet Italian. Pizzas $14-20, pastas $24-29, meats and fish $29-41.
- Bieres and Compagnie, 2285 Gascon Road, ☏ . 11:30-00:00. Over 100 kinds of beers from many countries around the world. Sausages, mussels and fries, and game dishes.
- Motel Chateau Terrebonne, 2970 Chemin Gascon (off Highway 640). Free Wi-Fi access is available. Cable TV and air conditioning. Some rooms have a fireplace and/or spa bath. A 24-hour front desk and free on-site parking. From $65.
- Super 8 Lachenaie/Terrebonne, 1155 Yves Blais, ☏ . Free WiFi, free breakfast, microwaves, refrigerators, onsite parking, pet friendly, indoor pool, fitness centre. From $105.
- Imperia Hotel et Suites Terrebonne, 2935 Boulevard de la Piniere, ☏ , toll-free: . Restaurant, swimming pool, parking. From $140.
- Auberge Hotel St-Andre, 211 Rue Saint André, ☏ . Private bathrooms and wifi internet access, and a beautiful terrace. From $170.
|Routes through Terrebonne|
|Rawdon via ← Mascouche ←||N N||→ Laval → Montreal|
|Saint-Joseph-du-Lac ← Boisbriand ←||W E||→ Repentigny → Quebec City via|
|END ← Mascouche ←||N S||→ Repentigny → Downtown|