Thames Ditton is a village in Surrey.
Trains to Thames Ditton are available twice an hour from London Waterloo.
Getting around is quite easy. Buses such as the K3 cut straight through Thames Ditton if you want to get into the surrounding area. Thames Ditton isn't that big and everything is a short walk away.
Taking the train is also very easy. There are two stations in the Thames Ditton area. They are the Thames Ditton stop and Surbiton station. While the Thames Ditton stop drops you off smack dab in Thames Ditton experience has shown that the Surbiton station is one of the busiest stations in the area and has more departures and arrivals. Especially if you want to go directly into Central London, which is 20 minutes away by a South West train out of Surbiton.
Because of its location you can catch some great shopping in surrounding area of Thames Ditton. It's a 20-minute walk and you'll arrive at Surbiton's main Victoria Road where most Thames Ditton residents get there shopping done. There are a couple markets, charity shops, and pharmacies. About a 10-minute drive from there is where most Thames Ditton residents get their clothes-shopping done at various chains inside the Bentall Centre and the surrounding area.
- Ye Olde Swan. If you want to be right on the River Thames, have a pint here. It's probably Thames Ditton's most friendly pub and the food is great. The fish and chips as well as the lasagne are not to be missed.
- Bachmanns Patisserie. Lovely cakes, treats, and chocolates. Also has a place to sit outside and enjoy a nice cuppa with your treat.
- Christy's Fish and Chips (across the street from Bachmanns Patisserie). Everything is so fresh and made to order.
- The Angel Pub.
- New Inn, 15-17 Rushett Road.
- Hampton Court, just across the river in London/Richmond-Kew